Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chelsea Flower Show

BamboogieBamboogie Posts: 239

Would love to go some day, but loving the coverage on the box.  Does anyone know why Monty has gone all Charlie Chapin!? 

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

He has hurt his leg. Not sure how, but he did talk about it in one of the shows.

• BamboogieBamboogie Posts: 239

Was it Alan T? Not happy at being dropped!?

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

Was Alan really dropped or did he not do it due to doing a garden this year?

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Tee hee hee! I love that idea, big scrap round the back or the show marque. Or do you think it was a surreptitious foot out trip, done on the sneaky?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I understood that AT walked - it had been planned that he and MD should front the show together but AT felt slighted and left.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• BamboogieBamboogie Posts: 239

Ha! probably a strain welly boot, strategically placeimage. I think he was dropped or so I read somewhere.....

joking aside I love them both in there ways.

• I'm really enjoying the Show, an hour of garden design indulgent. A great antidote after a hard slog at the office.

• Dr. WalterDr. Walter Posts: 18

Tonight's episode from the BBC's coverage of TCFS was the first full episode that I have seen this year and there's the same old faces. Whilst the show heralds "youth" and "new designers", the BBC's coverage is still the same as the last decade.

Yawnsville Nikki Chapman doing the "milk-run" of medal hand-outs is as dull as watching Nikki Chapman doing the "milk-run" of medal hand-outs from the past years. Might as well as dug-out the same film from the BBC Archive. Compost heap for her next year!

My wife said that in one show that a reporter interviewed two young, trendy journalists who could be prepped for next year's BBC coverage for a fresh view of this perennial TV event.

• Kevin daleKevin dale Posts: 135

Monty was great as always nice to see cottage gardens getting a look in what does Nikki Chapman contribute to Chelsea ? Apart from being eye candy mmm....anybody any ideas ?