Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chuff, chuff, chuffed!

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Just back from a local hellebore sale at Bosvigo House in Truro......the owner breeds them.   Am so pleased with myself. Got there early....sale starts at 10 but I got there at 9 15.  "Not yet" the helpers said.  "Can I just look around?" I asked imageimageimage

hundreds of hellebores in flower but I think I got the very best.  I was so preoccupied I didn't see the tape being put across to separate the public from sales area.  Local MP was due to open the event.  With a mixture of Cornish pleading, "charm" and audacity I got my chosen one put aside.  image  As soon as the MP finished her speech I had

My chosen one is different from the many I already have....large nice upward facing yellow.  prob largest yellow I have, with red nectaries.  Strong upright plant with plenty of flowers.  Everybody admired it as I strutted out with it.  

never know what to expect but it was worth being the early bird image

how about you guys?  chuffed at being the early bird? 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

can you post of pic Verdun?

Devon.
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Some times Verdun it pays to be cheeky image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Lovely Verdun, it's a shame they don't all hold their heads up, you end up laying on wet soil to take a photo.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• turmericturmeric Posts: 830

Photo tomorrow Verdun?  It's a bit dark now!image And well done on your early bird chuffiness.

• turmericturmeric Posts: 830

1Runnybeak, that's a beautiful arrangement even in the bags!  Going to look gorgeous when planted out.