London (change)
Today 18°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
41 to 53 of 53 messages
05/11/2013 at 21:33

Gee thanks Gilly, sometimes people give us some & we try not to pig out - make our pleasures last . Milk choccy is fairly easy to resist, but plain; that's a challenge!   H doesn't need to put on weight & I don't want to.

However, most weeks I have a Scottish Country Dancing "event" & we have tea in the interval, which includes cake, homebaking of all sorts, cake, traybakes, cake, etc, & as people have gone to a lot of trouble it would be rude to decline . H says he thinks that I only go for the cake.

05/11/2013 at 21:36

Not giant eggs Gilly, but a good size (with choccies inside), Thorntons or M&S.

On the bookcase KEF, no need for Yorkshire!  I'd feel guilty munching if H didn't & he really doesn't need the calories!!

05/11/2013 at 21:54

I confess to utter disappointment today.  No cream buns available at the foodbank

Its ok.  I'll be alright.  It will take a while but in the morning I will have forgotten it.........perhaps. 

05/11/2013 at 22:41

Never mind, Verdun, perhaps next time.........

05/11/2013 at 23:37
Verdun wrote (see)

I confess to utter disappointment today.  No cream buns available at the foodbank

Its ok.  I'll be alright.  It will take a while but in the morning I will have forgotten it.........perhaps. 

I thought the foodbank was for tinned/packeted food for people down on their luck - not cream buns for the helpers to splurge on!! 

Think how slim & fit you'll be without that cream bun......

09/11/2013 at 17:28

It really wasn't my fault, I was left home alone on a really dismal day, pouring with rain all day till about 4 oclock. I really wanted chocolate but couldn't find any. ---- so I've just eaten an awful lot of ice cream! 

It was very yummy, but i'll go and put myself on the naughty step.       

09/11/2013 at 17:33

Health and safety have decided we cannot now hand out fresh food like bread, buns, eggs etc. at the foodbank.  I  guess they're right but what about meeeeeee?  Those cream buns were so good 

09/11/2013 at 18:21

No problem Verdun - you  can't hand them out, but that doesn't mean that you can't take them in - it's just that you've got to eat all of them!!! 

09/11/2013 at 18:27

09/11/2013 at 19:56

OH says he'll come and help you 

05/12/2013 at 11:03

Oh dear - time to own up   What do I always say to people asking how to grow brassicas?  I say, "Stake them"  don't I?  

OH and I have just been out in the teeth of a gale with canes and string, staking the Purple Sprouting Broccoli 

In my defence I must say that we don't usually get North-westerlies here - our winds usually come straight from the Urals in the East!!! 

05/12/2013 at 11:29

Live and never learn dove

KEF
05/12/2013 at 14:21

Another one here with horizontal Sprouting Broccoli. Should have tied them in and not just stuck canes amongst them

email image
41 to 53 of 53 messages