Start a new thread

41 to 60 of 80 replies

Highland Jeannie

Gee thanks Gilly, sometimes people give us some & we try not to pig out - make our pleasures last . Milk choccy is fairly easy to resist, but plain; that's a challenge!   H doesn't need to put on weight & I don't want to.

However, most weeks I have a Scottish Country Dancing "event" & we have tea in the interval, which includes cake, homebaking of all sorts, cake, traybakes, cake, etc, & as people have gone to a lot of trouble it would be rude to decline . H says he thinks that I only go for the cake.

Highland Jeannie

Not giant eggs Gilly, but a good size (with choccies inside), Thorntons or M&S.

On the bookcase KEF, no need for Yorkshire!  I'd feel guilty munching if H didn't & he really doesn't need the calories!!

I confess to utter disappointment today.  No cream buns available at the foodbank

Its ok.  I'll be alright.  It will take a while but in the morning I will have forgotten it.........perhaps. 

Busy-Lizzie

Never mind, Verdun, perhaps next time.........

Highland Jeannie
Verdun wrote (see)

I confess to utter disappointment today.  No cream buns available at the foodbank

Its ok.  I'll be alright.  It will take a while but in the morning I will have forgotten it.........perhaps. 

I thought the foodbank was for tinned/packeted food for people down on their luck - not cream buns for the helpers to splurge on!! 

Think how slim & fit you'll be without that cream bun......

Advertisement

star gaze lily

It really wasn't my fault, I was left home alone on a really dismal day, pouring with rain all day till about 4 oclock. I really wanted chocolate but couldn't find any. ---- so I've just eaten an awful lot of ice cream! 

It was very yummy, but i'll go and put myself on the naughty step.       

Health and safety have decided we cannot now hand out fresh food like bread, buns, eggs etc. at the foodbank.  I  guess they're right but what about meeeeeee?  Those cream buns were so good 

Dovefromabove

No problem Verdun - you  can't hand them out, but that doesn't mean that you can't take them in - it's just that you've got to eat all of them!!! 

Dovefromabove

Oh dear - time to own up   What do I always say to people asking how to grow brassicas?  I say, "Stake them"  don't I?  

OH and I have just been out in the teeth of a gale with canes and string, staking the Purple Sprouting Broccoli 

In my defence I must say that we don't usually get North-westerlies here - our winds usually come straight from the Urals in the East!!! 

MrsGarden

Live and never learn dove

KEF

Another one here with horizontal Sprouting Broccoli. Should have tied them in and not just stuck canes amongst them

Dovefromabove

Apparently none of us done anything to confess since then

Until yesterday, when I went to the GC to buy a pot of primroses and mini daffs to take to Ma today ....... somehow I came home with three Honka dahlia tubers as well

(Thanks for keeping my commissions coming in Dove....).  Love the yellow honka dahlia 

despite my oft  mentioned dislike for roses I have a confession I have ordered a rose for my garden.  For sentimental reasons only,  

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

These dahlias will be grown in some of my many big tomato pots - it's a plan to stop be growing 30+ tomato plants as I did last year

They'll provide me with cut flowers for the house

Go on, I'll confess to a silly mistake.  I have sown 4 varieties of tomatoes, 3 different bell peppers and some aubergines in coir cells in my heated propagator which is on the windowsill, but overhangs it a little.  The rows are labelled, but impossible to label the individual coir modules.  I have been lovingly tending, nurturing and watering them, even speaking softly to them, and they are all behaving themselves beautifully and germinating.  But the other day, the propagator tipped up.  I caught it (used to play netball!) but not before lots of the coir modules fell to the floor.  Now, I don't know what varieties the seedlings are and, in some cases, whether they are toms, peps or aubergines.  Ah well, after a short tantrum, I thought, 'that's a mistake I won't make again'.  Had to wash my mouth out with soap though!

Dovefromabove

You'll find out which are the peppers and aubergines when they don't have tomatoes on them

Yes, it will be a nice surprise to see what each plant produces.  Problem is, I have sown masses and can't keep them all, so may end up with a glut of peppers and no tomatoes!

Dovefromabove

Tomato leaves will soon be recognisable - it's the other two that you may get confused to start with