Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Crikey! Who pressed the freeeeezing button?

TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Just nipped outside to take some rubbish to the bin. By heck, it's chilly!  Rushed to close the cold frame lids.  I reckon old Jack Frost is on his way tonight. I welcome him. I like seasons to be 'seasons' and all this mild weather in mid November puts so much off kilter for me..... not sure I'll be so welcoming in the morning though when it's time to get out of a warm bed! ??????????

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

It wasn't meimage

I could manage without winter

In the sticks near Peterborough

ice on the inside of the windowsimage

Still get that. It's those metal Critall frames.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Tootles I've just been outside and supposed to be minimum of 4C tonight and it's down to 1C already image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Chilblains image

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Linoleum pansy...we lived in a cardboard box ...oh no, wait a minute...that was Monty Python.....image

Hasn't been in double figures here in the daytime for ages but that's mild for the time of year here. We certainly had some frost last night and a few days ago but I don't mind that at all.  The lack of howling winds and rain is the biggest factor - it's been very benign. Long may it last image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

I've got a large laurel ready to be put through the shredder. It's wet. Will it be frozen tomorrow, that would make  cold fingered shreddingimage

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Oh dear! Doesn't anyone like a bit of cold weather? What about the romance of frosty mornings, pretty patterns on cobwebs, gentle crunch under foot, seeing your breath, getting warmed up by a bit if garden work, hot tea outside.....then coming in to beef stew and dumplings?!!

pansyface - slippers for christmas?

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

Sounds like a good excuse to light the log burner and make steamed syrup sponge to me ...... image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Love a bit of frost - just so long as the roads don't get too icy.

logburners going full blast here today -  kitchen is the warmest room in the houseimage

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..lovely and mild here.... be blistering tomorrow...