London (change)
Today 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
1 to 20 of 32 messages
20/09/2012 at 20:06

Where can I delete this account I cannot see any links to remove from this site 

advertising on the video bad move I want to delet my account now.  

20/09/2012 at 20:14
Maybe you should contact site administrator.
20/09/2012 at 20:24

Acesome wrote (see)

Where can I delete this account I cannot see any links to remove from this site 

advertising on the video bad move I want to delet my account now.  

Just don't use it then.

20/09/2012 at 20:25

Legally they should have a link within the members account so people can leave without any issues plus the news letters do not carry any links to remove and no address in the news letters.  

We pay a TV licence fee  why should we have to put up with yet more advertising 

Thank you for your reply.  

I hope the admin read this post 

20/09/2012 at 20:28
Acesome wrote (see)

Legally they should have a link within the members account so people can leave without any issues plus the news letters do not carry any links to remove and no address in the news letters.  

We pay a TV licence fee  why should we have to put up with yet more advertising 

Thank you for your reply.  

I hope the admin read this post 

You are grossly misinformed-tv licence fee?? -this site is not funded by the BBC or the licence fee-the magazine and this site use the name by paying the BBC for it-the adverts pay for that.

20/09/2012 at 20:31
Ace some. Has someone upset you on this forum?
20/09/2012 at 20:36
Doubt it.
20/09/2012 at 21:12

Good point  then the program should not be on the BBC  I am a very happy to watch and learn from Gardeners World but not willing to have adverising stuffed into my face if I want to watch a information video.   

Regading the point BBC  pleae check before you make any form of statment see below.  Maybe if people complianed they would stop this but knowing the BBC I do not think so.  

Registrant:
British Broadcasting Corporation
Domain Manager
Broadcasting House Portland Place
London, EN W1A 1AA
GB
Email: domain.manager@bbc.co.uk

Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com

Domain Name: gardenersworld.com

Created on..............: Fri, Jun 19, 1998
Expires on..............: Tue, Jun 18, 2013
Record last updated on..: Fri, Jun 15, 2012

Administrative Contact:
British Broadcasting Corporation
Domain Manager
Broadcasting House Portland Place
London, EN W1A 1AA

20/09/2012 at 21:18

What is your point?

Are you complaining about this site or the BBC?

If you have a problem with this site I woud suggest you contact the editor Daniel Haynes

20/09/2012 at 21:24

It is really easy to delete your account, just send me your bank details and I will do it immediately.

20/09/2012 at 21:25

Acesome wish i could do a yawny smiley.........

20/09/2012 at 21:26

20/09/2012 at 21:31

Lovely j

20/09/2012 at 21:40

Should of also joslow, asked how do you do that ? couldn't find it in the list here

20/09/2012 at 21:43

Foot of page T&C which opens up the Immediate Media statement but also shows an option 'Contact Us'...worth a try?

20/09/2012 at 21:45

HH- 4th line in the middle

20/09/2012 at 22:12

I found it,thanks

21/09/2012 at 06:26

To stop getting newsletters scroll down on the last one you received and click on Unsubcribe.

To stop getting Notifications  change your option in your Settings page.

You clearly misunderstand - this forum is owned/run by the Gardeners World Magazine -  nothing to do with the Licence Fee.  There are/have been similar magazines for other BBC programmes.  They are largely funded by advertising too.  You surely can't think that the price of the magazine covers the cost of a magazine and this website? Or that your tv licence pays for it all?  Have you any idea what it costs to produce a magazine 

I manage to ignore most of the adverts in the magazine unless I'm looking to buy something and I do the same with the adverts on here and with the advertising hoardings in the street.  Why the anger and irritation?  Life's too short and gardeners are usually too busy to waste energy getting  uptight about minor irritations.

21/09/2012 at 14:07

Hello Dovefromabove I just totally object to these adds thanks for your responce 

It is not the Magazine I am talking about it is this website I wanted to watch a video what do I get I have to site and watch an add ramming in my face.  

21/09/2012 at 17:45

But this Website is run by the  Magazine.

I am also puzzled by theVideo about which you complain. I feel very left out of it as I have never seen any Videos.

If you want to avoid Ads, then if you use Firefox, then download Adblock-Plus, that stops most ads and you can block any it misses. Also Do not Track Plus is good for stopping popups. Though most Browsers have a setting to stop them.

1 to 20 of 32 messages