Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Does your Shed have a Name ??

NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,813

Does it have a name or a personality or a favourite part or a sun awning etc etc

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• No name but it does have an incredible lean to it.  The last owners decided to put a reinforced roof on it but didn't think to straighten it beforehand.  We decided that if we tried to amend it's lean now it could be to the detriment of the roof.  So being a typical gardener I asked the other half to put a potting shed on the side of it, and being a typical perfectionist of a man he promptly did so WITH A SPIRIT LEVEL.  Needless to say the open, precisely level potting shed now holds up the very leaning shed.  Maybe I should call it Pisa (Precisely Installed Side Accommodation)

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,813

ER

Now we men dont have to " get the coal in " we do need to prove our worth some how !

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Ours are just wooden shed and tin shed. Mind you, the stuff is never kept in the right one so you have to look in both anyway.

Whats yours called then?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Early riser, I think that is very funnyimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

My GH is known as The Crystal Palace

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Our shed is just The Bike Shed......I don't have my own shed image I think I'm missing out image

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

Yes, it's called my shed. And the allotment shed is called my allotment shed

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

no name . but i will think of oneimage

• How about Fern Britton?  Well I thought it had the makings!image

• Ours was " the wet shed" and " the dry shed "  But now they are both " the dry sheds" since " himself was let loose on the " wet shed" roof with tar and a blow torch type thingy. The "wet shed " used to be a pig sty and the "dry shed " an outside Loo. Our cottage was one of many built in the Irish countryside for workers. Most families kept a pig and grew potatoes and had chickens and maybe a cow. !!