Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Doomed I tell you.......

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Very low temperatures are forecast for this week overnight. Even down here 7 degrees or less is suggested. I guess north of the Tamar temps could go as low as 4 These temps, if they occur, will not be good for tender plants ornamental of edible

• Put your woolly hat and have a whisky!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I shall take the tomato plants to bed with me ...... there is no alternative .... image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Perhaps I could knit woolly covers for the courgettes ....... image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

They'd look like w***y warmers Dove image

star gaze lily wrote (see)

They'd look like w***y warmers Dove image

I'll have to see if I've got a pattern ........... image

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

• Here on the coast we never get the low temps they forecast, but I really do sympathise with you - think of the up side, you probably have wonderful soil that hold the water and nutritients and everything grows to its full potential and rebounds quickly.

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

Just been out to the greenhouse, its a balmy 12c in there with the door closed image Outside its only 8 and forecast is for possible frost for the next two nights