Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

EASTER DAY FLOWER COUNT

Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Hello all

Thought it would be nice if we went around counting the flowers out in your gardens - the different types like violas and numbers say a tulip

This is where you get a chance to see what is in flower, look around and appreciate them all 

You can upload pics if want

SO READY STEADY............ GO COUNT YOUR FLOWERS 

Hampshire Gardener

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Lithospermum just starting to flower 

Tete a tete

Daffodils

primulas

pansies

white hellebore

pink speckled hellebore

pulmonarias

Erysimum Bowles mauve

Think that's about it up here.  Will take a magnifying glass out laterimage

• Berberis, Hellebore, Winter Heather (think they forgot to fall off) Primrose and Snowdrops.

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

Forsythia, violets, primulas, muscari, anemone blanda, hellebores, pulmonarias, heuchera, cyclamen, nectarine, dog tooth violets, ribes sanguineun, scillas

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Bigger numbers than I can deal with. It's all happening out there now

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Verdun I've always thought that it would be a good idea to have a pivot in the middle of the country so that on alternate years we could share each other's weather.  Then I thought that would be a shame for the midlandersimage.  

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Here's my count

Violas lots, Daffs tete-a-tete and big daffs, snowflakes, primrose, primula lots of colours, camellia, forget me nots, 2 peach trees, Mimosa, Hebe Trudy first year it has flowered, pansy, dandelion, iberis, cyclamen, celandine, radish in flower, Bellis, grape Hyacinth white and blue, forsythia, flowering currant, violet and euphorbia martini and rainbow one    

Here is some pictures  

2 orange tulips

chionodoxa flowers new this year to the garden

Hyacinth pink smell amazing right near front door, lots of other colours as well yellow, purple, blue around garden

Wallflower orange/ red,  also yellow out and Erysimum Bowles mauve

Hampshire Gardener
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

Lovely pictures Gardengirl, all I have in flower now the snowdrops have finished is some red dead-nettles in the wildlife garden. image

• What beautiful colours on that wallflowerimage

I counted 23 different flowering things - surprised myself - I wouldnt have guessed that many although that included a few pretty weeds...

Lovely day here in NE England, saw my first wasp, goldfinch, frog and butterfly (Tortie) of the year too - old news I guess to many of you but it was great to seeimageimageimage

Wearside, England.
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

I was amazed about the amount of flowers out more than I thought,  I ended up seeing things that you not quite noticed before like the forget me nots and tulip only opened today and I also saw a ladybird lots of bees and hover flies  

Hampshire Gardener