Start a new thread

1 to 15 of 15 replies

artjak

It is driving me crazy; I stopped getting email responses to threads earlier this year. when I rejoined the forum a couple of weeks ago, I told the powers that be about this; they did a technical investigation; hurrah, I got email responses for ONE day. Since then; nothing; I have complained to the moderator again; nothing happens.

What should I be doing?

Dovefromabove

They are working on the problem - I never get email notifications of PMs although I ticked the box  - sometimes I get a little number up by my name in the top right corner, but more often than not I don't - there seems no rhyme or reason to it but they are working on it.  

If problems continue send a PM to Daniel 

GillyL

I had a couple of notifications last week, for the first time in months, nothing since,,will wait and see if it is sorted.or will do as Dove suggests and PM Daniel.

star gaze lily

I didn't get any emails for al most a week, today I got millions!! ---well slight exaggeration,  but I got almost 100 

GillyL

If they come through in those numbers SGL,I think I will carry on without......

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Its usually ok, but but this has happened before. 

artjak

Dove, is sending a PM to Daniel the same as 'report to moderator'?

Dovefromabove

Hi, no it's different - do you use PMs?  If you do then just put Daniel Haynes into the address line.  

artjak

Thanks Dove; it's been a long night, praying that we don't get flooded

Clarington

Oh Artjak I hope you'll be okay! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

(I seem to be getting erratic email notifications at the moment but assumed a server somewhere was sulking because it was getting cold).

artjak

Thank you Clarington, there is one more high tide tonight, but there is no way the water is coming this far inland I think (no thanks to the info supplied by the Environment Agency whose web site was virtually down yesterday due to volume, I guess, of people trying to get access!) A pity government organisations never seem to get the IT thing right.

Sulking Servers! Now I can almost feel a limerick coming on

Dovefromabove

Artjak, are you on the Gt Ouse, or one of the drains? 

artjak

Between Great Ouse and the Nene, surrounded by canals, but near the Gravel bank pumping station.

Dovefromabove

OK, I know where you are - I suppose the surge is taking it's time to reach you - my fingers are crossed for you.  

artjak

Bless you Dove.