Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Having read how useful epsom salts can be to some plants, I was wondering if anyone knew an economical way to buy it rather than a small pot from the chemist at £1.50. Also could you please remind me the ratio for this please.

I find it a very economical purchase though.....a teaspoon goes a long way.  Not just on ericaceous plants but I use it on tomatoes early in the season and on many plants including hellebores as a tonic.

Advertisement

The ratio is 15ml of Epsom salts to 5 litres of water.    Pour over the plant with the spray nozzle on the can so it is absorbed by the leaves as well as the roots.

Thankyou for the links and ratio.

SwissSue

Thanks for the link, Dove, but I think postage from USA to Switzerland would cost a fortune. Will go and have a look on Amazon Germany, they might have it.

SwissSue

Nope, only pharmacy portions available, 200 gr for £2.50! Will check pharmacy here, they may have it and as said earlier on, you don't need much, so it will have to do.

artjak

...just thinking about all those poor chaps toiling away in the Epsom Salt Mines....I'll get my coat.