Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Even you hard hearts......

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

just watched Love your garden.  Excellent.

been through this before and I know many of you hate the sentimentality but tonight's was awash with it. 

An old blind lady restricted also by arthritis and unable to venture outdoors became alive...she ended up rushing towards her summerhouse.  A garden tailored for a couple of lifelong friends.

even the hard hearts must have melted...just a little !

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I was taking odds on Doddy jumping out of the summerhouse. Just the flowers, but one of his best gardens anyway. Low maintenance except the planting around the photo, which will die in the winter.

The taxi drivers friend. His shows always overrun, so the taxidrivers get after midnight rate. I saw him in  Nottingham. One of the few comics who are not crude to get a laugh.

I confess I went up on stage.

And got a tickling  stick that I kept for years.imageimage

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

only watched the last 10 mins. that was enough to convince me I'd not missed a gardening programme. 

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I did the same and that was my conclusion too Hosta - lovely ladies, glad they've got a nice place to sit (couldn't really call it a garden) fascinating story apparently - are we watching AT morph into Cilla - will he start doing Surprise Surprise! image

He'd be perfect ... he loves making people cry .............. and then he joins in ....

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Benevolence is rife in the older specimens of TV presenter

I wonder if this is a production issue or a personal one image

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

I don't think it ever claimed to be a 'gardening' programme. I think it's just about brightening the lives of some deserving people by giving them an instant garden. And it does that very well, imho image