Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Evergreen hedge and Fox glove Tree

I need some advice please I have a Foxglove Tree which is 25ft high.The previous owner has planted it with patio slabs round it .The slabs are coming up and the roots are showing.The leaves have brown spots all over and there is not much leaves on some branches look sorry for its self. What would you recommend please? 

I was going to put some railway sleepers round pull the slabs up and top it with good soil to cover the roots .

I also have a evergreen hedge round my garden which I love as the bird nest in it.My neighbour keeps pruning her side so much so I have holes appearing everywhere .How can I make my side bush more ? Or is it a case of buying more to plant in front of the holes.

Sorry for so many questions Im a newbie at gardening. image

Many thanks Michelle

• Many thanks Tetley will buy some image  ha. 

The hedge has purple flowers on not sure what it is .

• Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

Paulownia, the Foxglove tree has a reputation for being short lived, so it may be a sign it is on its way out. then again it might just be the roots were disturbed and will recover next year.