Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Favourite gardening activity

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

Planting is my favourite but i get satisfaction from cuttings rooting and seeds although that requires a lot of my patience image

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 5,698

Planting / moving / splitting and replanting... composing with plants and anticipating, and (relatively quickly) seeing, the results. Yep, I like raising seeds and cuttings too, but find it agonising... splitting a clump of perennials and putting them straight into their new places is instantly satisfying. 

"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbour". 
  • WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

It's probably easier to say what I don't like about gardening such as using chemicals when I am forced to, suffering the loss of something for a year or forever to pests and diseases, damage done by the weather is frustrating 

Everything else is as enjoyable as it is necessary to my well being. Just couldn't imagine not being outside, whatever time of year  

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I like pricking out and  potting on in the greenhouse on cool days and planting in the flower beds, best. To do with being involved in the garden, but not actual work, I like wandering around sniffing the scent of the flowers, especially roses.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Sitting on the recliner with a glass in my hand after a busy morning, at my age you pace yourself. There is a lovely sheltered sun tra p at the bottom end you can disappear from the world for a while.

Frank. 

• Ha, ha!  Just love Frank's (Palaisglide) reply above, I couldn't agree more......but I do enjoy growing things from seed and taking cuttings.   I would love to invest in another greenhouse, but it's so exposed where I liveimage

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

I even like it when I take the lid off my compost bin and see the next stage along from previously image am I sad? 

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

A combination of Frank's and Verdun's would be perfect for me, although I do struggle to plant stuff whilst holding a glass.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I like giving the garden a good looking at. Only problem is that  then I see a job to be done.