Start a new thread

21 to 36 of 36 replies

Allium where is Great Sister? I have been to Great Dixter and its wonderful but I've never heard of Great Sister

Bodnant is my favourite, the combination of rare and beautiful plants with a stunning setting; but I also love Powis Castle [another superb setting], Biddulph Grange and Tatton Park.

Oooooh Lea Gardens. Beautiful cakes!  Er, plants.

Logan botanical gardens in Scotland were lovely. Visited last August whilst on holidaygot loads of lovely photos sadly most of them face bombed by daughters stuffed cuddly monkey "Martha" ????

A smaller garden that's worth a visit is crook hall in Durham x

I can no longer travel for health reasons - but when I could we visited quite a few lovely gardens - Chatsworth, Sissinghurst, Kew, to name just a few, Chenonceaux (sorry my French spelling isn't great), and some of the other chateaux in the Loire Region too.  Every garden has some wonderful features and some perhaps not so - but it is great for gaining ideas and of what works and what doesn't - I found that most of the gardens were far more interesting to view than the house interiors!

LG the L

My favourite so far has been Great Dixter. I visited at the very beginning of October and it was wonderful - the exotic garden was in full sail, but it was the sunken garden that I loved the most. An added bonus was spotting Christopher Lloyd pottering in the long border (this was a few years ago, obviously).

LG the L

Oh and Kew. Wonderful Kew.

Visited the Powerscourt estate, near Dublin a few years ago. It was so beautiful. I hope to return one day

Beth Chatto garden, Bressingham gardens,West Acre gardens and Geoff Hamiltons gardens.

Have a look at Gresgarth Hall, nr. Lancaster, home of garden designer Lady Arabella Lennox Boyd. A plantspersons paradise.

Nymans, Sheffield Park, Powis Castle, Biddulph Grange, Compton Acres in Poole for me

Going to Snowdonia in early May so will try and fit in a visit to Bodnant. Love seeing the Autumn colours at Sheffield Park and Westonbirt is pretty special too.
First visit of the year to Wisley, lovely displays of Narcissus and huge banks of crocus. Lots of activity in the garden by the staff getting the garden set for Spring. In a week or two the hyacinths should be at their best too.