London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
16 messages
02/04/2013 at 23:57
Evening everyone.....what a lovely day it was today, still a bit cool but beautiful blue sky's. Makes getting out in to the garden so much nicer...I'm definitely a fair weather person and mowing my lawn for the first time this year felt great. Then off up the greenhouse devising a plan of what to grow this year....really made me smile...let's hope that this weather continues and we can all get out their and enjoy it. Enjoy your week everyone
03/04/2013 at 06:41

Driving home from work yesterday (in daylight) I noticed how many spring flowers on the roadsides had opened during the day, and the wild plum and blackthorn blossom was also opening   It's amazing what some bright sunshine will do.  

When the weather does warm up (in about 10 days time) everything's going to burst into bloom at once - I think Nature is going to put on a really good display so make sure your camera batteries are fully charged and don't spend every second with your eyes down and your nose to the soil in the garden - look up every now and again and enjoy the view 

03/04/2013 at 07:46

Hi, Yvonne. Just getting among plants in the fresh air makes you feel good, doesn't it? Maybe you might think of putting something about it on the poetry thread?

Have a fabulous day in the garden while the weather lasts. The weather forecast changes so much that I sometimes wonder whether it is worth tuning in. The latest I heard was that next week will be warmer but wetter. Here in the west, that could mean rain, rain, rain.

03/04/2013 at 07:50

What I read on the Met Office website was that by the middle of April temperatures here in East Anglia should be at normal for the time of year - of course it'll take a bit longer for the soil to warm up  ...........

03/04/2013 at 08:21
Forecast for weekend says "warmer".
Maybe hectic seed sowing time!
03/04/2013 at 17:58

I have been in the potting shed these last couple of days sowing seeds and potting on and although it was really cold it was great to be out in the garden again. I heard on the weather forecast this afternoon that it will be warmer next week, mind you I am in the south so it might take a little longer to get to those of you in the chilly north.  It does make you feel good though to see the sunshine.

03/04/2013 at 19:35

lovely day gardening ,makes you feel so much better .Even mowed the lawn.

03/04/2013 at 19:57

Yes its been a very good day and this is to continue till the week end at least

Derek

03/04/2013 at 20:44

Been a beautiful day here. 

More fence painting done 

Brum  Maybe next week it'll be.... Scorchio!!

04/04/2013 at 09:05
So nice to hear people enjoying the sunshine. Yesterday was spent pressure washing the fences and patio furniture...I live in hope that I WILL be ble to sit outside soon...ha! So the fences are ready now for a re paint (before the plants start to appear) and today's task is to cut the front lawn and plant up some pots....I just hope that this wind drops..
Have a productive day people
04/04/2013 at 12:59
Hello Yvonne got bit of a bug......don't worry I'll prob survive, I expect.
However I desperately want to get out there. I think the weekend will be good so you will be able to sit outside in the sunshine. Whats going in those pots?
Fairy girl yes next week will indeed be scorchio. If not you can blame Brum. Ha ha
04/04/2013 at 16:59

Verdun and Fairygirl, did you both say SUN & SHINE ?

Where do you live PLEASE?

05/04/2013 at 00:18
Hey Vernun, hope you rid your bug really soon...well I managed to get my front lawns cut today and gosh did they need it!. It was actually quiet enjoyable until it started to snow.......FLIPPING SNOW......doesn't it know it's the 4th April and it's supposed to be nice...grrrrrrr. Still I got my jobs done, so next it's on to clearing my borders ready for some new planting, hopefully in the sunshine! I can but live in hope
05/04/2013 at 00:19
Sorry I really should check my texts before posting.....Verdun
05/04/2013 at 05:56
Verdun wrote (see)
Hello Yvonne got bit of a bug......don't worry I'll prob survive, I expect.
However I desperately want to get out there. I think the weekend will be good so you will be able to sit outside in the sunshine. Whats going in those pots?
Fairy girl yes next week will indeed be scorchio. If not you can blame Brum. Ha ha

Oh dear!  You didn't catch my lurgy did you?  Hope you feel better soon.

05/04/2013 at 15:11
Haha...nope im well hope your on the mend
email image
16 messages