Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

feeling smug

There are potatoes and onions in store; cabbages waiting to be cut; parsnips and sprouts enjoying the frosts. Disasters? .... Well yes there were a few but lets not dwell on those. Soon we have a new year so we can start again. Best wishes. May your next year be as good as mine.imageimageimage

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

What a lovely feeling of achievement with your own vegetables in store and waiting to be eaten.  Even with a few disasters there are always things to look forward to in gardening.  Best wishes to you too Barbara and all Forum Friends.image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Well done Barbara! Carrots were my disaster this year because of sowing too late...but tomatoes, now there's another story! Home made sauce a plenty in the freezer! Oh, and blackberry jam, pickled beetroot, sloe gin.....yipppeeee!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

I have a freezer full of veg, such as runner beans, broad beans, tomato purée and veg soups. There are leeks, carrots, potatoes, perpetual spinach, purple sprouting broccoli and kurly cale in the veggie garden and several trays of onions and apples in the garage.image

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • My family thinks I'm mad to be so pleased about these small pleasures until I share the harvest!

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

We are easily pleased arent we? I have beans, cabbage, red peppers and parsley cubes in the freezer, dried chives, basil, parsley and sage, and leeks, a few carrots and turnips in the garden. I havent had time to prepare the ground for planting but will get it done ready for the Spring. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.