Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Finding a plant

Hi all, yesterday my first granddaughter was born, she weighed 8lb 2oz.

her name is Annabella, I have tried to find a plant of that name without success, if anyone knows of such a plant I would be so very grateful.

Thank you,

Merry Christmas..

• Congratulations Alan you must be over the moon, There is a type of  Hydrangea called 'Annabella' they have an offer at the Crocus website was £16.99 down to £9.99, supplied a picture for you to have a look at, it kind of fits as it has a white flowing head like a snowball fits for this time of year. Hope it helps and congrats again Merry Christmas.

• No idea about a plant with the right name I'm afraid, but I wanted to add my Congratulations!  and what a pretty name image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Alan DAlan D Posts: 55

Thanks for the reply Aaron, thank you for the link Pansyface, I will most definately get some, I'll let you know how good it is .

Thank you, Dovefromabove..

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

I've found an anemone called Annabella Rose. The RHS says the only nursery supplying it is near Loch Ness, but they do mail order. But I think Hydrangea Annabelle looks lovely.

http://www.lochnessgarden.com/catalogue/htmcatalogue/2014%20A-E.htm#A 

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.

Your a star Busy Lizzie, thank you image

• Can I add my congratulations too?

I'm not sure I would worry about the final letter!  There is a stunning iris called Annabelle Jane - just imagine a clump of those in front of Hydrangea Annabelle.

Your congratulations are most welcome GG thank you,I like your idea image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

rofl. Pansyface,I couldn't resist the google search on annabella flowers. 

Clearly I didn't follow up the search, but thanks for a laugh. 

Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

congratulations to all concerned Alan D

Devon.