9 messages
10/04/2013 at 17:35

No, you're not the only one.  Been very strict with plug plants, as no greenhouse to bring them on, but seeds my downfall. Forget to see what I've got left from the year before, or any ebay/jtf/aldi bargains (well, it's rude not to, at those prices).

10/04/2013 at 18:26

Seed is my downfall. Never bought a plug plant. 

11/04/2013 at 19:32

Can't resist packets of seed, all the better when they are discounted at the end of the season. Also a sucker for the "sad" corner of places like B&Q etc, always have a look and see if any can be saved. LIke Muddy Paws says it would be rude not to

11/04/2013 at 20:48

Don't really "do" seeds, they get leggy or rot & haven't got a heated greenhouse.  I'll only plant the hardy ones, well just scatter them around really, but as the growing season is shorter here I need fast ones! I planted ipomea as soon as I could last year, they grew beautifully strong but only reached 6" high by the autumn.

11/04/2013 at 21:25
I am a sucker for anything that seems a bargain. I am always drawn to the bargain shelves and the end of season items. This year it's seeds as they are self collected so ultimate bargain! Also cuttings, I keep eyeing up other people's plants to see what I can half inch (pinch) to make cutting material. Just need the summer growth to start then will patrol my dads garden.

I took most of the heads from his dahlia bishop of ???? Began with an L. He then had v bad weather and lost the heads he had left. I felt so bad I had to give it back , but I bargained some seedlings when he has germinated them. A worthy prize for saving at least some if his seed!!
11/04/2013 at 21:30

RD  -Llandaff

I have to restrain myself with seeds, cuttings, plants-everything really

11/04/2013 at 21:54
I'm meant to as my garden is not big at all but I just can't. This year I have just thought, one more, oh and a spare, and if that doesn't come I won't have anything!!!
11/04/2013 at 22:31

growing from seed... 150+ nicotiana seedlings, amongst many others!

Am sure I'll shoehorn them in somewhere! 

11/04/2013 at 22:48
I have a free packet of cosmos from the GW mag but no where to plant if I sow. Do they actually need much room??
email image
9 messages