Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Flowers

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

What a nice show. I think the garden has enjoyed the rain this year more than the gardener has. My dahlias are looking good and a lavatera hasn't stopped flowering since June.  

• they look beautiful image

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

Strewberry, they are lovely dahlias.  image I have never been able to grow them as the slugs always seem to get to them but after seeing all the posts and pictures I've decided to have another go next year. Some of the flowers are stunning. My honeysuckle is the only thing that is flowering well - there is also some cobaea that has been planted with it but I've given up now .  Not one solitary flower image

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Strewberry - how do you keep the slugs off those lovely dahlias?  Like Jean, the slugs always win the battleimage.  I don't like using slug pellets as I have lots of wildlife visitors - maybe if I didn't feed them so much they would eat the slugs!

• I have a pretty flowerless garden right now, apart from the Pom pom Dahlias I grew from seed, which turned out well in the end.  (THe first lot got eaten by slugs) Have grown a few perennials from seed ready for early flowering next year.  Hopefully much more colour next year.

• Thanks guys , I am sorry to say we use slug pellets .But we only use it once .Because we plant so much the slugs gets fed up and move on to something elseimageimage .We always seem to have more yellow than the others.

Plants still looking good.

• one word Fantastic! what a joy to behold,don't know your secret but that is lovely.image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Your fuchsia is absolutely fabulously.

• A lot of hard work ,but we would not have it any other way .image Love my garden and love gardening......