London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
41 to 60 of 62 messages
28/03/2013 at 21:42

Achully....it's worse...I have a cat! but Priya the cat has an area at the back of the GH that she uses to dump in....I just go in wearing a gas mask, teflon pants tucked into waders and gauntlets to clear that out every so often.....ew....

28/03/2013 at 21:50

yip there aint nothin worse than the smell of freshly "broken" cat poo. as i garden for a living this a given. hey that almost rhymed!!!and i have a cat too.

28/03/2013 at 21:53
EvergreenQueen wrote (see)

aahh C someone found me sleeping in my garden in my "hoosie"(dressing gown). think i was gardening in my sleep.....

Were you on the buckfast... Have you been ogling Paul Hollywood recently? Yes?? Then you're frustrated...! He's a big favourite on here just now among us wimmin and we're not watching for the recipes.. Lovely buns..

28/03/2013 at 22:01

god  no lass as much as im dundee born and bred the buckie is not my prefered  way of "falling down. 3 bottles o white maybe....and who thr f is PH????

28/03/2013 at 22:03

Last thought for tonight - Dave when I click on 'hot threads' at top of page you appear in your thong.. Nighty night all!

28/03/2013 at 22:11

aahh same. wat a way to go to bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

29/03/2013 at 12:04

My favourite gardening gloves are those "builders' gloves" that have a rubber palm and a cotton back. I bought a big multi-pack from eBay last year and it's nice to have a stock of them ready for when they wear out (which they don't do readily).

And this weather I also wear (if I go out at all) an old, padded waxed jacket, cord trousers, and an old pair of walking boots, which are much warmer than wellies. I am, by the way, a female magpie, which isn't obvious from my picture, or indeed from my garden clothing, as it's all a bit shapeless and unisex.

29/03/2013 at 12:06

Have you not experienced the delights of Mr Hollywood EQ? You haven't lived....

29/03/2013 at 12:11
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Have you not experienced the delights of Mr Hollywood EQ? You haven't lived....

EQ should have said:
He's the 'breadmaker' from Great British Bake off etc. Has his own show on Monday night at moment

29/03/2013 at 15:04
EvergreenQueen wrote (see)

dont ur dogs poo when u walk them GG? then u pick it up. too much to do in the garden save dodging dog poo..x

Yes, EQ, they do - and I pick it up. I pick poo up with loo paper when they deposit it in the garden and flush it down the loo. But - for such small dogs - they poo an awful lot and sometimes I miss some. Picking it up once with my bare hands was enough to convince me to wear gloves in the future.

29/03/2013 at 15:14

I normally just garden in what ever, last weekend i was in chinos and new look jumper. I have been told off by the OH for roughing up my nice clothes so I am designing my own gardening clothes with my own logo on it. Sounds strange I know but hopefully when you're walking around the GC in it, people will think I'm a professional.

29/03/2013 at 17:09

I usually wear jogging trousers, sooo comfortable and old jumpers that are wearing out so finishing the clothes off in the garden.  I have those shoe wellies on my feet and garden gloves from a supermarket that only cost 99p so when they wear out I dont break the bank replacing them.  I find I do wear clothes out quickly in the garden especially on the knees.  I also wear a baseball cap, sometimes pinch my OH ones that are wearing out.  I am sure my neighbours think I am batty but I dont care!   

29/03/2013 at 17:11

You  are making me wonder what sort of a doctor you are! hope that when you wear that white coat, it isn't the same sort of bluff! 

29/03/2013 at 17:34

I'm not that sort of doctor 

29/03/2013 at 18:03

My clothes have 3 lives; (1)New & smart (2)Getting a bit "worn" looking so wear about the house or nipping to the shops, or under a big jumper if won't be seen (3)Gardening/decorating.

Occasionally I wear something decent if it's just a quick job to be done, but normally it's perm any combination from; jeans, shorts, T shirt, sweatshirt, bodywarmer, scarf, hat with dangling earflaps, thick or thin fleece or old waterproof coat.  I too, am a baglady.   Gloves can be v. thin vinyl if doing something wet, or other cheapies, & thicker for thorns if required. I often just wear 1 glove.  Kneepads are a must, unfortunately the velcro is wearing out on my Marksman "for carpet layers" ones & can't find identical replacements.

OH & I got Dickies boilersuits - good for keeping the back warm, but not for undressing when I go to the loo.......

I can't "do" a Discodave as our back garden overlooks a golf course - don't want to put them off their stroke!!

29/03/2013 at 18:06
31/03/2013 at 17:39

I wear a sun hat in summer, though hats don't suit me unless they are very large and weddingy. OH saw me in my sunhat and commented, 'All you need are some wellies and a bucket of eggs.' I wear it with ancient shorts and a capacious t-shirt.

31/03/2013 at 19:22

I always wear a baseball hat, it keeps the sun out of my eyes - roll on summer, I can't wait to get out into the garden and get some work done.  My old gardening clothes are waiting in a pile for me and my wellies.

31/03/2013 at 19:40

Me too sterelitza - baseball hat is a must.  Keeps the sun out of my eyes and off my head.  Also means I can stay out when it starts raining - as long as my face isn't getting wet I don't mind the rain.

Apart from that I am like Jeannie - all my clothes get cycled through new/ok for home/gardening.  The sad thing is that I now have many more gardening clothes than I do the wearable in public kind.

31/03/2013 at 20:27
Brumbull wrote (see)
Chicky ......... Sometimes I get carried away and say to myself " I'll just do that in the garden " then realise I'm wearing me best vest .............. Lol

What - just the vest brum?? 

41 to 60 of 62 messages