London (change)
Today 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 11°C
1 to 20 of 22 messages
20/03/2013 at 17:18
Marvellous!
20/03/2013 at 17:40

Welcome back Brumbull. Nice to have things resolved and a troll put to flight. I like the fact that 'forkers' has overtones of being a pet name for gardeners in general.

20/03/2013 at 17:43

Brumbull, best news I've had all day.  Good to know you will still be around.

20/03/2013 at 18:28

I think it's a good term, and was myself thinking it was just the slang everyone used round here for forumites or gardeners in general. Anyways, bygones are bygones, there's only been this whole drama because of the fire at the Rovers, we felt we had to compete!!! Glad you decided to stay bud, always enjoyed your posts, informative and thought-provoking topics, definately in the case of the last one!!! Just think how boring it'd be if we all agreed!

Take care all

20/03/2013 at 18:39

All that fuss over a 'Good Morning'!.....

I'm astounded how quickly the mornng change..deary me..

Glad you are sticking with us...

20/03/2013 at 19:28

Have left a message on the good morning thread, but I'm so glad you are back. I also tried to message you but failed, so I'm glad to be able to say it now.

20/03/2013 at 19:44

great matey there is much joy in giving than receiving.glad to here it brumbull.

20/03/2013 at 19:54

Hello Brumbull, so glad you are back. I tried to send you a message to ask you to come back, but it wouldn't accept it. I wrote to Brummie Ben instead as it seemed to me you were friendly.

20/03/2013 at 20:20

Hi brum its Alan from Tenby as you know im in norwich house hunting which you wished me luck with,iv got this erm wifi thing iv managed to almost conca up here and have just loged on,i dont know wots happened while iv been away but  youll do fa me mate and when i get back to Tenby on proper PC i,ll back on the air proper asking for help SO talk soon matey and Hi Soto hope your all good,B lucky by4now

Alan4711 

21/03/2013 at 08:58

Hey up Brumbull I,d have sent you a private message but I have,nt sorted that one out yet but I will in time. Any way talking about gardening is the best therapy.So to start up at me plot this morning at 6.30 green house showing 8 degrees on the ricter scale got a lot of sedlings starting to shape themelves. We still need the sun to start doing what its supposed to GIVE US SOME BL.....DY HEAT!! Regards Brian

21/03/2013 at 18:47
We in Cornwall wont get the snow but we are getting more rain......4" or 100mm ....overnight. Luckily I'm on high ground but many will be dreading the flooding to come.
Not really,worrying yet but it will be a problem if we don't get a decent dry warm spell soon......veg seed sowing,for example, but how about our farmers?
It's not really been too cold down here this winter but it's cold enough and wet enough to make it a gloomy one
21/03/2013 at 22:18

hi us in paignton have had non stop rain all day still pouring(why has the writing gone small any ideas)

21/03/2013 at 22:33

There is a technical fault apparently. Everyone's writing has gone small.

21/03/2013 at 23:15

The North wind doth blow...bitingly cold in the open. Did odd jobs in the garden this morning - thank goodness as now...sleet and snow and the biting wind. Set until the weekend. Gloom...gloom.I can hardly read this - hope you can.

22/03/2013 at 06:22

It's a problem with the css. As a tempory measure you can zoom the page with ctrl + , reduce text with ctrl - and reset to normal with ctrl 0 (zero).

If that is as clear as mud find the button on the left of your keyboard labeled Ctrl and press it. Then at the end of the number row it should be ...90-+  the plus may be above an equals sign. but don't worry about that press this key maybe 3 or 4 times while holding the lefft ctrl key down.

This will make all text bigger, the more you press the + the bigger it gets doing the same but with - makes it smaller and with the 0 key resets to the normal size.  The bigger text size should remain that way as long as the window is open.

22/03/2013 at 07:44

Another example of the way a little information makes a big difference! Thanks again, Blackest. Just tried it and it worked perfectly.

While on the topic of information, I downloaded an app on Firefox that makes all cookies and trackers self-destruct and tells you how many have done so. It is astonishing how many covert cookies and apps there are! It gives me a buzz every time one of the little notifications appears.

22/03/2013 at 07:57

Morning to everyone especially those of us experiencing the snow! Hope you all have plenty of tea/coffee/other supplies to keep you warm! Not really too bad with me but the wind is bitter. A good day to do things indoors like seeds etc.Thanks for the tip re the text blackest- know what you mean about the eyes Brum !  I'm afraid I might have to have a rant on your thread GG - people going up hills not properly equipped and thinking it'll all be fine...   I have to go and get shopping. What a thrilling life I have. Keep warm all!

22/03/2013 at 08:53
Good morning everyone! This is my first posting on the site since last year. I was having a peruse around last night and stumbled ( yes a definite stumble as I'm not very skilled with computers ) when I came across this thread. As everyone seemed so friendly, I thought I'd pop in and say 'hello' before I brave the vile weather, windy and raining again today, and then I must set off for work. Only have 2 clients to be visit this morning and then 1 this afternoon so will be back again later. Wrap up all those who have to venture out today! Speak soon.
22/03/2013 at 09:08

Morning everyone. I have been away for a few days and was wondering what had happened to the text, now I know, thanks. Extremely cold this morning, when will it warm up

22/03/2013 at 09:13

Morning all, welcome back Woo2.

Thanks for the info on the text. What I'm really missing are the emails to tell you that someone has written on a post you are following.

Perhaps this time Spring has sprung in SW France at last. 11° and sunny now 19° forecast this afternoon. Going to my daughter's for the weekend. Hope the tech problems have been sorted when I get back.

1 to 20 of 22 messages