London (change)
Tue 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
41 to 60 of 173 messages
26/03/2013 at 18:37

I am definitely not Essex Boy. There is more than one Woodgreen in this world The one I live in is the most beautiful. It's in the New Forest, (which is almost 1000 years old!)

26/03/2013 at 18:42
..clearly figrat you were...are?....a punk rocker
26/03/2013 at 18:44

Oh I like this thread! Nigel -'doc of rages'?  Frank my dad was a musician and met my mum on the Isle of Man when he was there playing and she was holidaying there. He played with a lot of the big bands of the era etc and my mum loved to dance hence my love of jazz, classical, pop, rock , opera and of course the best of all -wonderful Gene Kelly musicals- quite an assortment! He went on to have his own repair business and was regarded very highly by all in the music business. I love hearing your stories. Can I adopt you as my surrogate Dad? 

26/03/2013 at 18:49

I went to Woodgreen to see a locals v. BBC South cricket match about three years ago. Gorgeous setting for a summer Sunday game.

26/03/2013 at 18:52
Verdun wrote (see)
..clearly figrat you were...are?....a punk rocker

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20581.jpg?width=259&height=194&mode=max

Moi?

26/03/2013 at 18:54
When I tried signing up I just wanted to be Janet which is my name but the best I was offered was JANET6 which was a no from me. I tried various other names and they too were taken. In the end I think I must have been subliminally driven by the red chillies of the 'hot threads' cos that's what I typed and it was accepted!
26/03/2013 at 18:54
figrat wrote (see)

Mine doesn't take that much working out. My real name's fi***g**ra*t.

Does that make you a Fiona then? Flo in my name is my niece Fiona's nickname which I pinched, with permission, for my little dog who looked like a polar bear cub when curled up.

26/03/2013 at 18:55
I mean I typed chilli lover!
26/03/2013 at 18:55
Hey figrat no swearing punk boy...ha ha
26/03/2013 at 18:57
Sorry, figrat...punk girl?
26/03/2013 at 18:58

Tina sorry - not dainty or very frivolous! Moustache not just for old ladies either - Bev that's a great link with your name. Have to agree with Tina - one was enough for me too! I 'lit a candle for my love luck and 15 bucks went up in smoke' (Joni Mitchell my other great love music wise!) I'm sticking with ogling Paul Hollywood for now  Bev what do you call yourself on dating sites then? 

26/03/2013 at 18:58
chilli lover wrote (see)
When I tried signing up I just wanted to be Janet which is my name but the best I was offered was JANET6 which was a no from me. I tried various other names and they too were taken. In the end I think I must have been subliminally driven by the red chillies of the 'hot threads' cos that's what I typed and it was accepted!

So Angie3 wasn't so bad really. But a definite no. I have a name and I can't do numbers.

26/03/2013 at 19:17

I chose mine because I have no imagination and I chose my avatar because I have never been on a forum before and I thought you had to use your photograph! Must admit I like being called GG or Grandma. I have had much worse nicknames in my time!

26/03/2013 at 19:19
Verdun wrote (see)
Sorry, figrat...punk girl?

Well spotted!

26/03/2013 at 19:20

http://www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk/files/Vivian%20young%20ones.jpg

how about vivian for nigel, after all he was a medical student

26/03/2013 at 19:23
Figrat..I am slow on the uptake sometimes. That's why this thread is useful ..to me anyway....so I have an idea of the people behind the names.
Love those dogs gardening grandma
26/03/2013 at 19:28

I thought Figrat was a woman, caught a glance of her in her garden with a mirror in it on another thread. Thought Fiona, then Flo thought that too, while I was still reading.

I'm Busy-Lizzie because I'm Liz and there is always so much to do in the garden and I never seem to have time to get round to doing it all! Shame Busy-Lizzies have got stricken by a fungus - but mine were fine last year.

I thought Verdun was Christopher then another Christopher came along with a different spelling and he changed his name and other Christopher disappeared having caused an upset.

My avatar is violas last spring, changed it for spring - then spring kept not turning up!

26/03/2013 at 19:28
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Oh I like this thread! Nigel -'doc of rages'?  Frank my dad was a musician and met my mum on the Isle of Man when he was there playing and she was holidaying there. He played with a lot of the big bands of the era etc and my mum loved to dance hence my love of jazz, classical, pop, rock , opera and of course the best of all -wonderful Gene Kelly musicals- quite an assortment! He went on to have his own repair business and was regarded very highly by all in the music business. I love hearing your stories. Can I adopt you as my surrogate Dad? 

Welcome Daughter join the rest as I seem to come across as dad for some reason. Even the new recruits saw me in that capacity, "Sir the drill Sergeant shouts at me and his lanquage", tears running down their cheeks. I know lad or lass, his job is to keep you alive, it is not hate, he loves you and fails if you end up in a box.
I love and play music and when in the mood I get in the mood with Glen Millar's in the mood and all the tunes I danced to. String of Pearls being a big favourite.
"Hey I also loved Al Bowley and Chick Henderson, deathly silence then a chorus of who the H@#@ are they, two brilliant crooners one killed in the London Bombing, Bing Crosby said Chick was the greatest crooner ever he came from Hartlepool, the toilets down the yard with no doors you had to be a singer.

Frank.

26/03/2013 at 19:45
Busy lizzie, yes I was Christopher.
I didn't really cause an upset ...it seems the troll causing trouble recently did the same to me last year. He used a similar name to mine and I had to change my name, which proved not too easy to do. It was upsetting, frustrating and difficult. Recently it hapened to someone on this forum and i think i have been able to support him. I had great support from people on this forum who understood what had happened. Then I had no idea what these trolls did, now I'm wiser.
Anyway, busy lizzie, nice to know you
26/03/2013 at 20:54
Verdun wrote (see)
Hey nut. ...I thought you were a "he"....better be more respectful,towards you from now on...ha ha

No, always been a she. Not very respectable  though so don't bother to be respectful.
Nutcutlet, OH gave me that nickname. I hope it's term of endearment. But it might not be.
Nut does sound more like me.
41 to 60 of 173 messages