London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
1 to 20 of 173 messages
26/03/2013 at 11:11
I love some of the names posted on the forum. Some make me chuckle by their inventiveness. I think it gives me an insight too into the characters behind them. The shy ones I guess have reserved names and the extroverts have "cocky" ones??? I guess it's like trying to imagine what the radio presenters look like!
26/03/2013 at 11:14

I'm a shy one.

26/03/2013 at 11:16
Aaaaaah! The shy ones are usually the cutest
26/03/2013 at 11:18

Yes indeed, and some are men/women of mystery!

What about the avatars, Verdun? I think those add to the mental picture too. It's probably time I changed my chicken's fluffy bottom for something else

Er... did some little shy person just whisper something Becks

26/03/2013 at 11:18

I'm quite jokey  and I like wildlife  and we've got pigeons in our garden  (one less since the peregrine visited the other day!)

26/03/2013 at 11:19

So do we have a fan of Reeves and Mortimer among us, Dove?

Lyn
26/03/2013 at 11:19

I am an extrovert and an optimist,  weird sense of humour, just like using my real name.

26/03/2013 at 11:20

Had a thread like this on Beeb board and it turned out to be really interesting.  Know what you mean about how you picture a face to a voice.  Many years ago, I used to listen to the Archers and thought 'Phil' sounded really young and dishy.  What a let down when I saw a photo of him!

So, what does my name conjure up. I have broad shoulders.

26/03/2013 at 11:24

Tina, I can't look at pics of familiar radio voices esp. Archers as I have listened for so long. Occasionally get a shock when watching TV when a voice I know well comes out of one of the actors' mouths. Apart from Charles Collingwood, I know what he looks like.

26/03/2013 at 11:28

I like lyn just use my real name- for some people on the forum I'm not even sure if they are male or female. I do like to see what people choose as their avatar.

26/03/2013 at 11:30
FloBear wrote (see)

So do we have a fan of Reeves and Mortimer among us, Dove?

Oh yes! 

26/03/2013 at 11:33

My avatar is a frog we met in our garden the day we moved in here!  It was the only pic I had that was anything like suitable - I had planned to change it for one of our pigeons, but I've not managed to get a decent pic of one of them yet - they're remarkable active - whereas froggy posed beautifully 

26/03/2013 at 11:34
Verdun wrote (see)
Aaaaaah! The shy ones are usually the cutest

26/03/2013 at 11:40

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20553.png?width=121&height=91&mode=max

Tina Turner

am I close

Derek

26/03/2013 at 11:59

Derek

How did you get hold of my photo?  That was, of course, in my younger days when I was raunchy.  More rusty now.

Could have been worse.  Favourite male singer Freddie Mercury.

26/03/2013 at 12:19
Tina, your singing of course? How's Ike these days?
Ok......you are an extrovert, prob bit loud, fun loving, and I imagine a garden with lots of hot colours. You prob choose a bold colour in preference to a subtle one. You prob drive bit too fast too.
You prob think you are "simply the best".......
However, I bet you are the one people come to for support.
Close? Prob not. See? All in the name...not!!
So what does "Verdun" conjure up for you? I got broad shoulders too Tina
26/03/2013 at 12:26

My name is italian for pink wheelbarrow, which was well publicised on the forum when I had it at Christmas.

I was going to change the name but i kinda like it. So Rosa or my sort of real name - Bjay  - I'll answer to either. Preference is Bjay

I try to change my avatar on the 1st of every month to something that is relevant in my garden (house) At the moment I'm struggling to find anything that has not already been posted

So what does it all suggest.

26/03/2013 at 12:41
Rosa, it suggests flamboyance, whimsy ness, and a need to avoid routine.
I imagine dark hair, Italian-flecked English speech, of course, and your gsrdening style would be to include everything that takes your fancy......I will check out your forum info after I've posted this.
26/03/2013 at 12:56

Definately avoid routine , yes dark hair - absolutely no italian blood at all.

Yep always have a plan but then plant what takes my eye so sometimes looks jumbled. Nowhere complete in this new garden

Little bit done here, little bit done there

26/03/2013 at 13:08

I would have used my real name, Angie, but there was no way I was going to be Angie3 which is what came up when I put it in.

Been here a few months now and no sign of Angie 1 or 2

1 to 20 of 173 messages