Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Forum names

I love some of the names posted on the forum. Some make me chuckle by their inventiveness. I think it gives me an insight too into the characters behind them. The shy ones I guess have reserved names and the extroverts have "cocky" ones??? I guess it's like trying to imagine what the radio presenters look like!

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

I'm a shy one. imageimage

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Yes indeed, and some are men/women of mystery!

What about the avatars, Verdun? I think those add to the mental picture too. It's probably time I changed my chicken's fluffy bottom for something else image

Er... did some little shy person just whisper something Becks image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I'm quite jokey image and I like wildlife image and we've got pigeons in our garden image (one less since the peregrine visited the other day!)

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

So do we have a fan of Reeves and Mortimer among us, Dove?

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I am an extrovert and an optimist,  weird sense of humour, just like using my real name.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

Had a thread like this on Beeb board and it turned out to be really interesting.  Know what you mean about how you picture a face to a voice.  Many years ago, I used to listen to the Archers and thought 'Phil' sounded really young and dishy.  What a let down when I saw a photo of him!

So, what does my name conjure up. I have broad shoulders.image

Tina, I can't look at pics of familiar radio voices esp. Archers as I have listened for so long. Occasionally get a shock when watching TV when a voice I know well comes out of one of the actors' mouths. Apart from Charles Collingwood, I know what he looks like.

• I like lyn just use my real name- for some people on the forum I'm not even sure if they are male or female. I do like to see what people choose as their avatar.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138
    FloBear wrote (see)

So do we have a fan of Reeves and Mortimer among us, Dove?

Oh yes! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.