London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
41 to 59 of 59 messages
24/06/2013 at 20:11

OH calls me nutcutlet. A term of endearment? Nut may be closer to the truth. The pic is me sitting in the garden

24/06/2013 at 20:11

I couldn't use my normal website alias, which is Flossiebear, because my darling dog had just died and I kept bursting into tears.  The site had too many 'Daisy' (that's the one in the picture) registrations to use and even though my real name is less than thrilling, there were already 3 of those .... so by default really.

KEF
24/06/2013 at 20:15

Garlic bread..Mrs. Pete Kay...soz Bev

I'm KEF as I was thinking of a Greek Island and Thassos, Tilos. Lipsy ( Oh no! ) I thought of Kefalonia. Still think MuckMagnet more apt. 

24/06/2013 at 20:30

for-get-me -not

24/06/2013 at 20:30

my picture is with my grandaughter mahinur on christmas eve spreading  magic dust for santa to find our house

24/06/2013 at 22:42

Ooh Fidget - is that Derek Tangy land that you're in.  I adore his books.

My mum and dad call me Tootles and have done since I was a baby, despite christening me Ruth!  I'm 37 now and they still call Tootles.  My better half calls me T-Bone.  I have no idea why!

24/06/2013 at 23:35

Verdun, I think you ought to change your name to Poppy Fields, just to really confuse people!!

In other fora (or is it forums?), I am known as LetsOffRoad and The Ant Hill Mob.  It was suggested I change my name to Ant Hill Blues when I got married to Range Rover Blues.

Now I think I'd be Zarking Fardwarks.

25/06/2013 at 00:40

Well, I have enjoyed this thread immensely.  And it reveals the humour, wit and mischief of everyone.  Great stuff.  Poppy fields....???

25/06/2013 at 05:59

I have another name for online gaming (which I do in the winter) you tube, and other forums I used to frequent, but decided that one didn't sum up what I was really about when it came to gardening.  I love daisies, anything from the genus Asteraecae.  Although my garden has other types of plants, my ambition is one day to have a garden full of the daisy family (and a few roses, delphiniums, lupins, peonies, geraniums, Daphnes, oh the list is endless!)  It's amazing what is in the daisy family, it's huge and gives flowers all year round.  OK I'll stop now!

25/06/2013 at 06:47
break23 wrote (see)

I often try and imagine what the person looks like from the name they use.  I just knew dovefromabove was female until recently when HE made a comment that proved the opposite.

Whatever did I say?

I chose my name because as I was registering our garden was full of Collared Doves, and we love Reeves & Mortimer - it seemed to fit  and at least it hadn't been bagged by someone else 

25/06/2013 at 07:39

Mine is very boring, I support a football team who play in blue and my name is Janet.  I now wish I had taken the time to think of something else.

25/06/2013 at 08:30

Well daisyheadcase.....you really are a daisy head case.....lol.   It's a huge family.  Big loss if we didn't have them in our garden.  Your dream garden sounds wonderful....I'm sure you  will get it.  Your forum name then is ideal.  

25/06/2013 at 10:26

Long Story so I hope you are sat comfortable.  Many years ago ( about a hundred) I use to be GEM - Good earth mother, so called because a friend suggested it, she felt I was the total oposite to her, I grow veg, keep chicken, make bread/jam etc she buys all that from the supermarket so she doesn't chip her nails -(you wouldn't believe we are best friends !!).  Anyway it wouldn't take earthmother so I added the Good, because I do try to be .

When the powers that be decided we all had to resign on it wouldn't let me use my old name, and so I used the name my father always called me KatieJane ( my real name is Katherine Jane ...... ).

So there you go, and we all lived happy ever after .

Katiejane (gem)

25/06/2013 at 10:53

There seems to be some confusion. I am a she not a he. Well , last time I went in Bravissimo I was anyway.

I live in the East midlands, where the various strands of my  extended family have lived for at least 200 years.

I love Cornwall, and If I win the lottery I would probably relocate down there. But until then I have to make do with holidays. I have spent a lot of time diving in Cornwall and on windy days when It is not fit to go out in a boat, I have visited a lot of cornish gardens, and spent a lot of money in cornish nurseries on "hardy " plants that are anything but when you live North of the Trent.

25/06/2013 at 11:11

Sorry Fidgetbones....I always get he's mixed up with the she's. Thought you were a guy too

Agree it's a bit naughty when nurseries down here sell plants as hardy but they are prob only hardy here.  Glad you enjoy Cornwall.  Fidgetbones is still brilliant name ...even for a she...........lol

25/06/2013 at 12:23

Verdun's led a very sheltered life.

25/06/2013 at 12:27
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Verdun's led a very sheltered life.

Makes me think of the episode of Father Ted where all of the priests get lost in the ladies' underwear department.  Question is, which one is Verdun??

25/06/2013 at 12:56

"Ah" Katie Jane, dreams, when I retired I said it would be nice to live beside the sea Saltburn Whitby scarborough? Joan looked at me in horror and said "what leave all our friends and family? move to where we are not known"? and about that time some friends who had moved to Devon came back home. They had moved into a village and sharp realised they would be out-comers for the rest of their lives and gave up.
Our dreams can become nightmares more so if a partner becomes ill or worse.

For a long time I thought Verdun was a Lady bird and by some of the posts a fiesty one at that, being male explains it all we are just blunt.
Oh well washing to hang out so must fly.

Frank.

25/06/2013 at 16:20

I aint no lady palaisglide....lol

MMP and Tina......well, I am a bit sssssssssshy.

email image
41 to 59 of 59 messages