Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Forum picture

Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Yippee - just noticed that our Forum pictures are back.

They have probably been back for ages and I have just woken up from a deep sleep.image

• BiljeBilje Posts: 811

Not about Forum pictures but a sort of linked question..I always browse by looking at latest posts. On the listing why do some posts have a chilli on the left hand size..just curious, I bet the answer is obvious Haha.

• Yay! The Bat is back! *Big "Thankyou" to the tech people behind the forum!! GO! Go !!

• Don't want to be a kill-joy Mike, but that's really not recommended internet practice safety-wise - posting your real name and your photograph on a public online forum.  That's why most of us use a Nom de plume and an avatar as our Forum ID.

I would have thought that with your Basic Police Training you'd be recommending the opposite - not trying to get people to reveal information about themselves that could make them unsafe!  We don't keep our identities and addresses hidden for fun - it's for safety online.

It's not just children that can be used and abused online - the safety information given here http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/staying-safe-online should be used by everyone.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

I thought this forum was about garden topics not a chat up line 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Brian - didn't you know - it's really 'Rent a gigolo'...  imageimage

I'd have to agree with Dove. Over time, many members here have got to 'know' one another and therefore chat privately or meet up for outings. Not quite the same thing as posting it all openly. Very unwise to use real names or divulge private info for the world to see   image 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Don't want to be a kill-joy Mike, but that's really not recommended internet practice safety-wise - posting your real name and your photograph on a public online forum.  That's why most of us use a Nom de plume and an avatar as our Forum ID.

I would have thought that with your Basic Police Training you'd be recommending the opposite - not trying to get people to reveal information about themselves that could make them unsafe!  We don't keep our identities and addresses hidden for fun - it's for safety online.

It's not just children that can be used and abused online - the safety information given here http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/staying-safe-online should be used by everyone.

Totally agree Dove 

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Good post Dove image Staying safe online is common sense.

I did compose a few words as to why I think MA wants to see pictures of posters but decided that I might breach the code of conduct.

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Has anyone tried changing their avatar recently? (not to a mugshot I hasten to add). I've tried on and off since the summer (I like a seasonal picture) but haven't been able to do it.

I go from the pic at top right of the page next to log out, then browse, choose and click save....nothing happens.

I love my rhododendron pic but not so much in winter image

• "Hey folks. Since I joined this forum, I have managed to get members to divulge where they live etc."

image  image  

Does anybody else find this rather disturbing!! Creepy, stalking, grooming D.O.M spring to mind!

• Which is why I'm surprised that someone with 'basic police training' would do such a thing - totally unethical and against the principle of any Public Services training in my experience. To be charitable I think it's a very long time since Mike's training - he may have forgotten some of it.

However, it's a good opportunity to remind us all to be careful with personal information online image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.