Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Fowl treatment or wot?((

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

following a free steak...much qppreciated....my niece refused to allow me to carry a box of pelleted chicken manure in her nearly new Audi.  My feathers were mightily ruffled image

I could smell nothing.  She said it "stank".  image   I asked the young guy at the til if he could smell anything....."bit strong" he said and lurched back.  A customer behind me said it was "ponging". image  It smells like a perfumed rose said I image

anyway in no mood to chicken out I caught the bus instead.  Luckily I got a seat to myself as the smell got stronger and stronger. 

Have I been unfowly treated? 

(More importantly the manure was half price so I am clucking happily but I do wishbone my niece was more understanding image

Who was being unreasonable?  image  Fowl play or not?

Last edited: 17 May 2016 18:59:19

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

Definitely she's out of order. I had an afghan coat in the 70s (a genuine one) and my dad made me put it in a plastic bag in the boot!!! Outrageous! There is nothing wrong with the smell of goat! Or chicken poo!

Guaranteed seat on the bus though!!! image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

In Australia they have this stuff called Dynamic lifter. I used to sprinkle it liberally around my friends plants. It was fine until it rained. Phoo ee.

They made me keep the Durian fruit in the outside fridge by the pool.image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Gardeners have a differing set of olfactory nerve endings which interpret odours others cannot appreciate. That's my excuse anyway.