Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Free gifts on May issue GW

Hi guysimage when shopping today I passed the magazine stand only to see that the May GW had gardening gloves and seeds as a give away.  I have my mag delivered as a loyal subscriber and the only freebie of late was duff tomato seeds . Anyone know if this is what happens when one subscribesimage

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342
    I saw that too, I think the mag with the gloves and seeds costs more. In the shop there were two one with gloves one without. Different prices. Was in a rush so only looked in passing so may well be wrong
  • smallswansmallswan Posts: 86
    I got the tomato seeds: much to my surprise they have come up ... fingers crossed.
  • You must have been one of the lucky ones smallswan lots of us on the forum were quite disappointedimage

• smallswansmallswan Posts: 86
    Mind you they are still on the kitchen window sill: I am not risking outside for anything yet (frost last night in the soft south west ...)
  • Fingers crossed but many of us didn't even get germination at all And yes we had -2 this morning imageimage

• Was very unhappy this week with the idea that I needed to pay more for a magazine with a pair of gloves (that I didn't really want or need). Only to find 1) they were too small to wear, and 2) they comprised two left gloves!  Totally useless! 

They weren't wanted, I had no choice in the shop, and they aren't any use.  Next time I know I will go without buying the magazine - shameful.  I certainly won't be subscribing

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012
    Maddiemoo wrote (see)

Was very unhappy this week with the idea that I needed to pay more for a magazine with a pair of gloves (that I didn't really want or need). Only to find 1) they were too small to wear, and 2) they comprised two left gloves!  Totally useless! 

They weren't wanted, I had no choice in the shop, and they aren't any use.  Next time I know I will go without buying the magazine - shameful.  I certainly won't be subscribing

There are no gloves with the subscription edition so that shouldn't stop you from subscribing.  The fact that the shop only had the 'gloves' edition left isn't GW's fault.

• MarygoldMarygold Posts: 332

My free tomato seeds haven't germinated either.

• The gloves and extra seeds were an exclusive to Tescos copies

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 487

imageI have had just one germinate, bit disappointing really.