Start a new thread

181 to 200 of 2,334 replies

Leonard looks good.

Orchid Lady

Max, I forgot to say in response to your post, that is why ended up with 2 Hellebroes, I had hellebore envy from all the pics on here and when I went to my local GC I couldn't resist the BOGOF offer 

punkdoc

Some pictures from the garden today.

MrsGarden
  • Only just noticed this is a new 2014 thread! 
  • Heres a bit of my garden at the moment

•  

•  

Orchid Lady

Lovely Punk and Mrsgarden, Punk that bottom picture, what is it?  It looks like a green hellebore (is there such a thing?) and is very pretty 

Advertisement

KEF

Tracey it is Hellebore argutifolius 

I learned that from the Forum last week

Mine today:

Loving all your garden pics & it's only 11th March !!

MrsGarden

Oh PD and KEF, you've outdone me there! Your gardens are superb - wait til I get my arches though

KEF

MrsGarden, far from superb, picture taken from a good angle

Work in progress

Orchid Lady

Is that a Pieris KEF?  Thad for the info on the Hellebore, I must have missed that 

KEF

Tracey, yes. I have 4 the largest in the bed is Forest flame( most common), one I think is Vesuvius and an Aztec Pearl I don't know the other, I'll have a think. I saved all my labels for donkey's years and then prior to joining Forum threw them away, dunno why, must have not been "all there" at the time.  

Tracey, my new obsession.

One is flowering at the mo, but the other I think will flower in early winter so we'll see what it's like in about December.

Puncdoc, fab piccies. 

Feel inspired to take a few more piccies myself. OH bought me a tablet for my birthday so it makes the job of downloading much easier.  

Orchid Lady

Woohoo....I correctly identified my first plant I the forum  I like Pieris, mine looks sad at the moment but I fed it yesterday so hoping it will cheer up 

chicky

Punkdoc - can't believe that garden was practically under water a fortnight ago - its beautiful

MrsG and KEF - love your pics too.  Keep sharing - i love the picture threads on here

PS MrsG - is that a kaffir lily still in flower ???

Well done Tracey!! 

I've got forest flame, just gave it a fairly serious chop! It was looking a bit old and worn. Lots of lovely rich red shoots coming out now.

chicky

We have a Forest Flame that OH's Mum gave him as a present shortly before she passed away.  21 years, and 4 gardens later it is still with us.  V. Special plant

Advertisement

Orchid Lady
Right, that's another plant getting a chop at weekend, I hope you're right Max
Orchid Lady
I need a Hellebore like Punk's
4thPanda

Ditto Tracey  

Punkdoc, that's a lovely set of pics. Those blues are amazing 

Keep up the good pics all  Have really been enjoying this thread 

MrsGarden
Chicky, yes kaffir still in flower, fading but won't deadhead until brown!
Pd - great garden and id forgottten about your flood - amazing!
Pieris - 2 forest flame, large one donated last year from ndn. Another name will need to look up.
KEF

Pdoc, you've certainly got some tall teasel. Lovely to see your garden.

MrsGarden, Fatsia Japonica, one of my favorites.