41 to 60 of 2,334 replies

Dovefromabove

Love those little crocuses - so cheerful 

4thPanda

Some pics from the garden today:

This is the best it's done 

Some Northern snowdrops creeping into the picture 

pinkquartet

Lovely pics 4thPanda.Here are some from mine today.

4thPanda

Thanks Pinkie  Yours are looking good too 

Busy-Lizzie

Lovely pics, your gardens are more advanced than mine and I live so much further south! I suppose the UK has the gulf stream.

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

It's been a lovely sunny day today and crocuses have been out and the first daffodil. There is a big black insect (?anyone know it) on a pulmonaria which is still mostly in bud.

Orchid Lady

Hi all, I'll post some pics of my full garden later when I get on the laptop, but for now here is a quick snap I took on the iPad today, I was really excited that my first crocus is about to flower 

chicky

Can't help with the black insect Lizzie - looks curious.

lovely to see the first blooms of the year - love your crocus peeping out Tracey.

Here's some snaps of my garden this afternoon

This one is shouting "I'm first, I'm first" - hopefully all the others in the garden will be following soon

Some of my hellebores - this is their first year to flower - such a proud Mum

Daphne - looking lovely- smelling even better!

Bit of zingy lime to brighten things up a bit

lovely pics all, Bizzy-Lizzie, could that be a solitary bee?not sure when bees start appearing?

Busy-Lizzie

and leaves of climbing rose a Shropshire Lad

Not really a lovely pic, but exciting for me as they are my hostas in a pot.

star gaze lily

Lovely pics everyone. 

Chicky,is your Daphne a --Bholua. I want one of those they smell gorgeousI

Orchid Lady

Loving these pics  

My crocus is out today and 2 more, I took some pics and will post tomorrow 

chicky

Lily - yes, a bhoula - jaqueline postil

This was fluttering around my garden today as I was having an after winter tidy and getting garden ready for another year of gardening.  Landed on my gloves I'd taken off.  Not sure if it's a moth or butterfly.  

Ashleigh 2

Lovely photo's everyone. I know exactly what you mean Busy, I got so excited today day over the merest suggestion of a bud on my Japanese Maple.

Advertisement

chicky

Tim - not an expert on butterflies but it could be a comma ?  Only one i know with wiggledy edges to its wings.   Great pic

Edd

Its a butterfly Tim 'Tortoiseshell' it is still classed as common but getting more less seen, unfortunately. Try and attract them please,

Regards

Edd

Elusive

Looks like a Comma to me. Saw 1 here last year, pretty thing

Fairygirl

Definitely a Comma. Torties are more 'solid' - they have more defined triangular  wings.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/P8310837_zpsf70cc333.jpg

They're all lovely whichever type they are. We don't get Commas here but Torties, Peacocks and Red Admirals are quite plentiful. 

and yes - the pic is the right way up - he was on my neighbour's garage enjoying the summer sun!

KEF