Start a new thread

121 to 140 of 2,334 replies

Mrs Garden, the daisy is a margeurite. They are perennial but frost tender. You can easily strike cuttings to make more plants, and then cut it down, it will then shoot again . It probably will need as feed as well.

Mrs G - your shoots look like crocosmia to me..... Love the raindrops on the lupin too.  Marion, what a delightful garden - looks enchanted

Lizzie - agree it will be sad to see the last of the snowdrops and hellebores (loving your clumps of both) - but we will be so carried away on a frothy tide of spring that we will forget to mind for too long

FB - thanks that's the one, knew it wasn't michaelmas but just couldn't think what it was. Never thought to take cuttings, nothing to loose if i try now and throw them in the GH for a while, second thoughts on a window sill.

Chicky - don't remember crocosmia being in there, although I moved that many things last year, guess time will tell!

Longer and more catkins than previous years, just need to choose a spot in the ground (to be seen in spring but hidden in summer!).

Corkscrew Hazel (corylus avellana contorta) 

And inside...

Mrs G - they are so attractive.

Those pics of the catkins turn the right way round if you click on them.

Glad they turn round for you Forester2, I thought they would but they stay sideways on my laptop !

Tracey - your borders look amazing! Did you build them yourself?

Orchid Lady
No Allium, I'm afraid we were a bit lazy (well we don't really have the time to be honest with working full time) so we got someone in to build the actual borders but I have been out and bought all the plants and planted them myself. There are more pics on the other thread about my borders. Thank you for the compliment.....I'm not used to so many compliments

Some plants from my 'Window Garden'

My Hibiscus Sinensis coming back into flower and my Cyclamen Persicum which has been in flower since Late August

Orchid Lady

Talking of Marguerites, I love them and here is one of my new purchases today

Lovely Matt

Not quite open but my first Anemome.

oh my goodness tracey that is lovely great size too, i should've posted this on envy thread! i took some pics of ours today it's an embarrassment really, anyway, need to get hubby to post for me am v useless

Orchid Lady

£1.79 in Lidl yesterday Louise, I got 2  The other one is in a pot boot by the back door 

Mrs. G, have you got Preview on your laptop? If so you should be able to rotate it in there (look at bar on top), then save.

These just followed me home today! Am planning on making a rock garden.

Saxifraga Arendiis

Saxifraga Krabschia

Orchid Lady

Another Orchid....want want want 

Hellebores doing well concidering they were only bare root plants and put in in Spring not bad for a pound each, although i had to wait 2 years I still think its worth it.

Sue  love those little alpines

gorgeous hellebores Lyn