81 to 100 of 161 messages
28/06/2012 at 21:24

I was wondering the same, after all it is being filmed in a private garden and perhaps it's to give Monty a break to get on with other things in his life.

28/06/2012 at 23:19

Given the choice between that arrogant prat Murray and one of those awful grunting women at Wimbledon or Monty Don and Carol Klein I think the majority would go for the latter. How can this be so difficult for the Beeb to grasp?

I feel a strongly worded letter coming on.

Not sure about Tichmarsh's latest effort either. Hopefully it will improve.

29/06/2012 at 08:29

i also think GW should be on for an hour.. i dread it when you get that "what to do this weekend" i know its nearly over... and my fix is ending but the show is great..the whole lot of presenters are great.. thou not a great fan of rachel de thame.. but cope with her for the short time she is ever on.

i will not now get to see how Carols astrantia seed did compared to mine.. and i was hoping to catch some tips from on it.. blerdy sport. it has been constant for months now.. at least chelsea is only a week and not for hours on end eveyday.

i did get someone moan at me "well you get all your soaps everyday" what! my soaps! dont watch any of them thank you i said.. and to be honest there is very little on tv that i feel is worth my liecence fee i am afraid.. almost tempted to get rid of ariel and just watch iplayer for those odd programmes that are worth watching.. and use tv for movies.. thou bt.. if i cant get the channels through an ariel i do not have to pay.. i have checked.

29/06/2012 at 09:24
Excitable Boy wrote (see)

Given the choice between that arrogant prat Murray and one of those awful grunting women at Wimbledon or Monty Don and Carol Klein I think the majority would go for the latter. How can this be so difficult for the Beeb to grasp?

I feel a strongly worded letter coming on.

Not sure about Tichmarsh's latest effort either. Hopefully it will improve.

The majority wouldn't- the viewing figures show that-the point is that we could have both.

29/06/2012 at 10:05

We are obviously considered to be unimportant "gardeners", who bring in little or no revenue, I feel we are just tolerated and we get the progs. we get to show that the Beeb  cater for all...rubbish...they cater for and pander to the "BIG BUCKS". If it wasn't for the gardeners countrywide caring and providing for the bee's and other wildlife where would the "sporties" get their daily bread???!!!...they can't eat currency...its time this country came back down to earth a bit...everything boils down to financing in the end...something is very wrong...surely we should have learned something from WW2..."Dig For Victory" etc..Capitalism gone mad, sadly given time the human race goes "mad" with everything...

Rant over folks...perhaps GW could collect/collate our thoughts and pass on to the powers that be?...maybe organise some way of getting more support?

29/06/2012 at 10:46

Has anyone else got a generic and unsatisfactory reply from the BBC "complaints" department?  "We will pass your comments on to the relevant department" blah, blah blah!  Should get a reply in two weeks,  is this because they have had a large number of complaints about this issue?

29/06/2012 at 14:31

I was wondering the same 'seaside', if all these folks on here have sent points of view a complaint, has anyone had a reply from them? I haven't.

29/06/2012 at 14:50

DD-you wont hear back from POV-if you have a complaint about a tv show you have to contact the bbc direct

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

29/06/2012 at 14:50

Just a reminder to set your recorders for Hampton Court Flower show, Tuesday morning at 11am on BBC2.

29/06/2012 at 15:19

Yes, I've seen the listings for next week Kate, Hampton Court is on Thursday at 9pm and Friday at 9pm as well. Hooray!!!  

Not too sure about Alan Titchmarsh Love you Garden, seems a bit like Ground Force, Still, I will give it another go.

29/06/2012 at 18:19

Can I sue the BBC when I suffer from withdrawal symptoms due to absence of Monty et al for 4 weeks? I am SO disappointed that my viewing highlight of the week won't be there.

29/06/2012 at 18:31
Donutsmrs, I thought love your garden was like ground force too, I half expected Tommy Walsh to pop out. I wasn't totally impressed with it, but will give it another go. Thanks to all for the Hampton court heads up, sky + set and ready. Well one week without GW has passed only 3 to go.
29/06/2012 at 19:41

Kate1123- thanks for info about Hampton Court programmes  at least there is something to watch next week

29/06/2012 at 20:30

4 weeks before gardeners world is back  because of wimbledon, well i also like tennis but please bbc couldn't you have moved monty to another time so we all could still get the  gardening fix , it was only 30min long ( which i don't think is long enough anyway ) just love it when monty looks to the c.amera and says it will be an hour long programme next week . there is that much rubbish on the TV cancel them when tennis is on and give monty the slot. i did check out  LOVE YOUR GARDEN WITH ALAN  titch, but it is just like the old ground force, although it was a for a good reason , i found it quite boring  and won't be watching it next week .

but thanks kate i will be watching hampton court programmes.xx

29/06/2012 at 20:55
kate1123 wrote (see)

Just a reminder to set your recorders for Hampton Court Flower show, Tuesday morning at 11am on BBC2.

Hmmm 11am on a Tuesday morning. Is this another example of how much the BBC holds gardeners in contempt? No offence to those at home in the daytime, but surely they'd get a better audience if it was shown in the evening. Apart from those of us who work, the ones at home maybe out gardening, seeing to the kids, shopping. I could even understand it if it was lunchtime

29/06/2012 at 21:08

Agree with everything said before. There is plenty of room on BBCs 3 and 4 for Gardener's World and no excuse to drop it particularly at this time of year when people are usually working in their gardens and looking either for advice or inspiration. I suspect poor planning is behind it. 

Monty Don is away filming for a series on Italian (or maybe French) gardens according to his twitter.

Love Your Garden has a different format from the previous one that Alan Titchmarsh did last time. Wasn't it more a gardening show before rather than a make over?? I quite like his gardening series in the past ones where he built grassy knolls and so on. I didn't warm to the recent episode but I think it will have to do.

29/06/2012 at 21:15

I have been following this thread for a day or two now. I have had one of those unsatisfactory generic replies from the BBC to my complaint and although have left my comments on the Points of View web site find gardeners are getting a bit of a rough ride there on this topic. Again not impressed with alans latest offering and like other viewers switched off after a while as it was just like Ground Force . thanks for the HC  details above , any port in a storm so I will record this to watch. some years ago when I lived in Wales and could not get GW my daughter in law recorded a couple of years worth of programmes on old fashioned "tapes" and gues what. I have dug them out and will be watching these in the interim till GW returns

30/06/2012 at 00:30

Like all of you I'm infuriated with the BBC for bumping GW just for wimbledon, makes you wonder what's going to happen during the Olympics. We could be without GW for more weeks than we think!!!

01/07/2012 at 11:39

GW is off air for two weeks because of Wimbledon-the other two weeks would appear because of televised Prom concerts

This does happen ever year-but cant recall it being 4 weeks in succession

As I have said before BBC1 and 3 are the designated Olympic channels but that does not mean that all usual programmes will be shown on BBC2-I think we have to accept that this year of all years GW might get disrupted-we have seen 14 episodes out of 31 so there is still plenty to come.

01/07/2012 at 14:29

What has happened to all our gardening programmes, we use to get more than one a week ! I think its a real shame we loose out to sport, there interests are catered for, I'm fed up with taking a back seat. Sacrifing one programme a week is not good enough BBC ??

81 to 100 of 161 messages