Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardeners World Television

Here I am again complaining about the BBC. Last time it was about why GW is always taken off for Sport, now its about why as soon as GW finishes the BBC take off all the programs that were still available to watch on iplayer. Does it ever occur to the BBC that now Winter is close and no program on television how many of us would like nothing better than to sit nice and warm and watch a repeat of this yrs programs.

The BBC has 4 channels and if the BBC cant find a 30min slot each week on one of these channels its a poor do considering how much money we pay in licence fee. The BBC should serve everyone who pays to watch it not just a few. They arnt adverse to repeats we all know that so how about repeating something thats worth watching for a change. Im sick of A to Z as its just repeats of repeats of repeats but nowhere is the repeat of GW.

T

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I'm only addicted to Gardeners Question Time, but I think you have a valid point. Perhaps email the BBC with this?

• I agree! I'm missing GW; got withdrawal symptoms, and it's only been gone one week! Same old grumble though, that despite having millions of gardeners in the UK we are not considered important when it comes to planning programmes. In comparison to cookery shows which seem to be on every day, we are ignored!

• We had notice the other day of some great sounding new gardening programmes being broadcast over the next few weeks - I've not got time to search for the info now - but it's on a thread somewhere image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Oh goodie!!!!!

• Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Good points everyone - as gardeners we have to 'think ahead' so we are always planning and working out what we are going to do next.  Looking forward to the programs Dove has high lighted.

• I'm glad Gardeners Question Time is on through the year. I save them as podcasts and go over old recordings.

Us Gardeners don't have time in the summer to sit and watch TV! When you want the Beeb to repeat programmes they don't do it!

You watch, now I have said that, they'll stick on re-runs of Ground Force!image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

I thought programmes were only available on the Iplayer for 7 days anyway.