181 to 200 of 205 messages
02/05/2014 at 19:29

I think Rachel seems very warm and natural, not 'posh' at all.  In fact, all the presenters are good in their own way and I do like to see beautiful gardens, just need an hour which includes hands on gardening too.

02/05/2014 at 19:37

OL - hell yeah.  If you want to make a woman hate you, go ahead and criticise her children!!  I have done some of that tracing your own history stuff, and depending which line I go down, I am descended from the landed gentry, or from coal miners!  Equally proud of both - well actually..... probably the coal miners a bit more if I'm honest...!

02/05/2014 at 19:40
Patsy F wrote (see)

I think Rachel seems very warm and natural, not 'posh' at all.  In fact, all the presenters are good in their own way and I do like to see beautiful gardens, just need an hour which includes hands on gardening too.

I've met Rachel and can say she is 'very warm and natural' and easy to talk to. Also (contrary to some beliefs) she is a well qualified horticulturist.  

02/05/2014 at 19:43

BL##DY SNOOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/05/2014 at 19:45

Sometimes, being rather beautiful can be a disadvantage, because everyone thinks you are only 'there for your looks', and Rachel is an absolute wow in the beautiful department.  I was amazed to discover she is older than I am!!  But she does have a wide knowledge and a proper passion for plants so good on her!!

02/05/2014 at 19:49

Lisa - too right.  Was going to set up an alternative 'thing to do on a Friday night at 8.30' - just forgot to take pictures.  Hang on. 

02/05/2014 at 19:52

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/DSCN0358_zpse766c120.jpg

She even posed for me.....swoon thud!!!

02/05/2014 at 20:46

I like Rachel, I like carol, I like Chris b, I like a.t, I really like month and Nigel, I like anyone as others have said who is genuine and anyone who I get a vibe of being a kind , good person,I,ve met dukes, duchesses, lady's, and know plenty of bikers and rockers at the other end of the social scale, anyone who seems happy and smiley I like!

02/05/2014 at 21:03

er.. Monty not month! On flipping I pad again!

02/05/2014 at 21:45

Just showed my OH that pic David, I think he is a tad envious 

02/05/2014 at 22:00

Sounds as though Rachel is to David what Chris B is to me

02/05/2014 at 22:17

David, that must have made your day.  I met Carol about twenty years back at the GW Live, before she was a GW presenter, but she had been on a gardening show on ITV and I recognised her from that.  She was lovely in person - just as passionate as she comes across on the telly. 

02/05/2014 at 22:58
What good is RdT apart from poster popsy ? I am, quite fed up with all this 'celebrity' nonsense, Nidge/Monty are all well backed up by good agents, stacks of money for their projects, ample land, magnificent greenhouses and facilities beyond the average gardeners dreams. Sour grapes ? Nope. Just have a sort of Mr Average resources, limited money and a North facing slope in rural Northumberland, and I'm happy, grateful and content to be like this !
CK is a poppet, and what about that Toby feller ? A nice chappy who was USED by the TV show until workaholic Monty don decided to re-instate himself.
It's all baloney anyway, as all these 'experts' just come out with common sense and a bit of experience with a few high falutin Latin names to impress us.
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
02/05/2014 at 23:04

Peat, when Rachel comes on to show us round the nurseries of a hosta grower, I shall think of you.

02/05/2014 at 23:15

Rachel is pretty knowledgeable about gardening. She trained at the English Gardening School, where she gained qualifications in Practical Horticulture and Plants & Plantsmanship. She writes about gardening for the Times and she won a silver medal at Chelsea for her garden design. So not just a pretty face.

02/05/2014 at 23:23

Lizzie and Bee.  I actually think she is lovely, she seems really genuine in her passion.  I like to hear the Latin names, I  feel that it is a natural progression with anyone serious / passionate about a gardening is to learn the Latin names as well as the common names, don't get me wrong I hardly know any at the moment, but watching programmes like GW where they put them up in the screen definitely helps.  

03/05/2014 at 08:52
Je suis maximus contritus ! to coin a phraseus simpliticus. Ave !
03/05/2014 at 08:58

03/05/2014 at 09:13
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Just showed my OH that pic David, I think he is a tad envious 

Obviously a man of taste, OL.

Glad there has been messages of support for Rachel here.....she is truly a lovely lady who  does know her stuff.

03/05/2014 at 09:58
STRUTS her stuff !
181 to 200 of 205 messages