Start a new thread

181 to 200 of 204 replies

Busy Bee2

OL - hell yeah.  If you want to make a woman hate you, go ahead and criticise her children!!  I have done some of that tracing your own history stuff, and depending which line I go down, I am descended from the landed gentry, or from coal miners!  Equally proud of both - well actually..... probably the coal miners a bit more if I'm honest...!

BL##DY SNOOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy Bee2

Sometimes, being rather beautiful can be a disadvantage, because everyone thinks you are only 'there for your looks', and Rachel is an absolute wow in the beautiful department.  I was amazed to discover she is older than I am!!  But she does have a wide knowledge and a proper passion for plants so good on her!!

Busy Bee2

Lisa - too right.  Was going to set up an alternative 'thing to do on a Friday night at 8.30' - just forgot to take pictures.  Hang on. 

I like Rachel, I like carol, I like Chris b, I like a.t, I really like month and Nigel, I like anyone as others have said who is genuine and anyone who I get a vibe of being a kind , good person,I,ve met dukes, duchesses, lady's, and know plenty of bikers and rockers at the other end of the social scale, anyone who seems happy and smiley I like!

Advertisement

er.. Monty not month! On flipping I pad again!

Orchid Lady

Just showed my OH that pic David, I think he is a tad envious 

Busy-Lizzie

Sounds as though Rachel is to David what Chris B is to me

Busy Bee2

David, that must have made your day.  I met Carol about twenty years back at the GW Live, before she was a GW presenter, but she had been on a gardening show on ITV and I recognised her from that.  She was lovely in person - just as passionate as she comes across on the telly. 

Peat B
What good is RdT apart from poster popsy ? I am, quite fed up with all this 'celebrity' nonsense, Nidge/Monty are all well backed up by good agents, stacks of money for their projects, ample land, magnificent greenhouses and facilities beyond the average gardeners dreams. Sour grapes ? Nope. Just have a sort of Mr Average resources, limited money and a North facing slope in rural Northumberland, and I'm happy, grateful and content to be like this !
CK is a poppet, and what about that Toby feller ? A nice chappy who was USED by the TV show until workaholic Monty don decided to re-instate himself.
It's all baloney anyway, as all these 'experts' just come out with common sense and a bit of experience with a few high falutin Latin names to impress us.
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
Busy Bee2

Peat, when Rachel comes on to show us round the nurseries of a hosta grower, I shall think of you.

Busy-Lizzie

Rachel is pretty knowledgeable about gardening. She trained at the English Gardening School, where she gained qualifications in Practical Horticulture and Plants & Plantsmanship. She writes about gardening for the Times and she won a silver medal at Chelsea for her garden design. So not just a pretty face.

Orchid Lady

Lizzie and Bee.  I actually think she is lovely, she seems really genuine in her passion.  I like to hear the Latin names, I  feel that it is a natural progression with anyone serious / passionate about a gardening is to learn the Latin names as well as the common names, don't get me wrong I hardly know any at the moment, but watching programmes like GW where they put them up in the screen definitely helps.  

Peat B
Je suis maximus contritus ! to coin a phraseus simpliticus. Ave !

Advertisement

Peat B
STRUTS her stuff !

I think rachel,s Chelsea garden was the nicest I,ve seen