London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
81 to 100 of 205 messages
23/03/2014 at 22:01

I really enjoyed the episode of GW, very pleasant enjoyable half hour of tv watching spent I like Monty and his presenting style and do wish it was on for longer. Will enjoy watching it throughout the season as well as Beechgrove. I'm not 27

23/03/2014 at 22:36

How about more Monty more carol more Nigel and no Joe swift ! More cottage gardens more vegetables more allotment news and no Joe swift !! No Rachel de thame return of alys fowler 

24/03/2014 at 08:29

This thread was heading towards another bitter and uncomfortable read. We all know the difference between "expressing a personal opinion..." and attacking those that cannot retaliate, esp. Nigel.

It is so heartening to see that there are forum followers who are fair and grounded and have the courage of their conviction to make a stand and be counted.

As has been said, if people find it so objectionable then they should go elsewhere

24/03/2014 at 08:52

Nigel says woof woof, throw me a ball.

24/03/2014 at 08:55

Punk  And a bone.

I have to say, my hounds would make a more entertaining programme though, how to plant things so your dog doesn't uproot them, collecting fruit/veg without the dog stealing it!!!! Nigel is just tooooo well behaved 

24/03/2014 at 08:56

Here you are Nigel 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40132.jpg?width=249&height=202&mode=max

24/03/2014 at 08:57

24/03/2014 at 16:12

Nigel says can I have some doggy treats please?

24/03/2014 at 16:22

Bet Nigel's tennis ball does'nt look like that Dove. I love the way they proudly bring the ball back for you to throw again and its covered in slobber!!

The ball throwers that dog owners all have now were'nt around in the days of our family pets.

24/03/2014 at 16:23
punkdoc wrote (see)

Nigel says can I have some doggy treats please?

There's some cake over on the Forkers thread 

24/03/2014 at 19:14

Well I've watched GW now and in my (humble) opinion it was really good, very informative for a newbie and Nigel was ace  No mention of Nigel spoiling any grass though  

Still think it's nowhere near long enough, but at the minute with my gardening overload I think I could watch the whole series back to back and it still wouldn't be enough 

27/04/2014 at 11:25

Not a fan of MD (take that as read) some of his antics never cease to amaze me.

Last Friday (25/04/14) ever trying to be Mr Macho Man, he demonstrates how he takes out a seed drill with the side of his hand.

The observant among you will have noticed a large nail protruding from the wooden plank he was using to stand on & as a straight edge......A&E beckons, me thinks.

Please! Do use *a hand held tool, as we mere mortals do.

*I find an onion hoe perfect for the job.

27/04/2014 at 12:36

I watched that last night and thought the same David, but more for theme benefit of my nails LOL!!  I use the side of a trowel, that seems the sensible thing to do!  (I don't have an onion hoe and not growing onions so probably don't need one )

27/04/2014 at 14:37

I have a section of door architrave which I stick in, point downwards and shuffle from side to side of the raised bed - works a treat and lovely straight lines!!  Didn't enjoy GW much on Friday.  About twenty minutes devoted to alpines was enough to send anyone to sleep in my opinion - can't get excited about them at all.  Hope they focus on something more interesting next week.

27/04/2014 at 14:53

I love gW,and monty and Nigel, wish it was an hour, I just watch it twice! I find any gardening programme has a bit for me to learn from even if just a snippet, I find gW relaxing too,very enjoyable

27/04/2014 at 15:25

With due respect to Monty, my grandad showed me as a wee nipper how to use the side of my hand as a guide for making sowing drills, his reasoning was that your fingers are very good at determining the correct depth.

Are we so H&S mad that we cant make our own judgements, he did'nt tell people to do it that way, its just his way.

27/04/2014 at 15:29

I had last week's episode and this week's last night so had a whole hour.  I've also saved them so I can go back in my own time and watch them again and note down plant names for my wish list 

27/04/2014 at 15:33

o.l I save mine on planner too,watch when I,m feeding cc and just want to relax! My little girl will occasionally let me watch instead of Ben and holly she says ,ok mummy you can have month on for a few minutes,!

27/04/2014 at 15:55
rosemummy wrote (see)

I love gW,and monty and Nigel, wish it was an hour, I just watch it twice! I find any gardening programme has a bit for me to learn from even if just a snippet, I find gW relaxing too,very enjoyable

I understand, rosemummy.....but your need is greater than mine.

scroggin wrote (see)

Are we so H&S mad that we cant make our own judgements, he did'nt tell people to do it that way, its just his way.

Not a H&S issue, just common sense....or lack of it in this particular instance.

27/04/2014 at 16:17

Funny that gardeners such as myself still have my fingers then. I reiterate that Monty and many others choose to use our hands to make seed drills, neither he or I am saying that is the best way, but it is an accepted method. I will use a rake or hoe aswell but if I am making short rows and standiing on a board I will use my hand.

81 to 100 of 205 messages