Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

gardeners world

ritnaritna Posts: 39
I love gardeners world...Its the start of my weekend....it inspires me...but its just not long enough. Tonight was lovely, but I wanted more...I wanted to know about the plants in one of the gardens shown...I wanted to know more about over wintering plants and what to do to prepare them for the new season...I wanted to know more about the buddlejas.....however, I recorded it...so I'll watch it again and pretend its an hour long!

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Yes but if they made it an hour long, there wouldn't be time for bumper editions of Eastenders and let's face it, we don't get enough cookery shows.  And what about reality t.v. shows in which actors who did 6 month soap stints get to battle it out with has-been Tory politicians by ice dancing in the Australian jungle?  You can't expect gardening to take precedence over this kind of ground-breaking telly.

• ritnaritna Posts: 39
    Ha! you are quite correct...silly me!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I know many will hate me. but we saw more of monty's dog than we saw of his garden.

Devon.
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    I too wish gardeners world was on for an hour, i just got into it and it went off!,
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

what does " Nigel believes if I plant a tennis ball, it'll produce many more" or whatever he said, have to do with gardening. All this before the opening titles had appeared.

I'm sick of the monty /nigel show monopolising GW. WE WANT GARDENING.

Devon.
  • nodlisabnodlisab Posts: 414

Totally agree Hostafan, and now we have to watch for a year while Carol converts a garden.Very little interest to anyone just starting gardening, not a patch on the old presenters ie Geoff Hamilton.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138
    nodlisab wrote (see)

Totally agree Hostafan, and now we have to watch for a year while Carol converts a garden.Very little interest to anyone just starting gardening, not a patch on the old presenters ie Geoff Hamilton.

I don't understand this image  When I watched the item I thought it was such a good idea - we get so many queries on here from people who've just got a garden and don't know where to start or what to do - I think they'll find it very helpful. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Well yes, I thought it was one of the best ideas from GW for ages.....although CK has done it before.

As regards negative comments, it's really a matter of 'One man's meat is another man's poison'....there will always be differing opinions. 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I'd agree Dove. If you were just starting out I think it  would be very helpful. When I moved to my first house, about to have a baby, I had only a small amount of experience and a fair sized blank canvas of a garden. I was looking forward to getting stuck in and making changes on a very small - actually non existent - budget, but I reckon lots of people could have found that daunting and would have relished a bit of guidance about where to start. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...