London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
29/01/2014 at 23:25

That wasn't nice "your say", this is meant to be a friendly forum.

30/01/2014 at 07:55

Well said busy.  I think  we are all friends here 

But we do need a new influx of quality jokes like wot mine are.  

My old dad used to say if you smile the whole world smiles.  It's then a happier place.  I'm smiling now 

30/01/2014 at 22:39

02/02/2014 at 22:47

Seriously this is not a joke.  Someone badly hurt by pothole and another had severe damage to his car.  Potholes down here.....prob everywhere.....have become a real safety issue.  A local person is in hospital with serious injuries after his car went over the edge and Imto the sea.

Had a friend who alway made fun of people's injuries, illnesses and misfortunes.  When he went too far I had a quiet word.  

Let's not focus on targeting where people come from either..not nice or wanted 

Good to keep this thread going I think but let's do it for FUN. 

03/02/2014 at 05:20
Handbags at dawn?
03/02/2014 at 07:36

The police where called to another murder in the corn field ,the detective turned to his team and said " I think we are looking for a cereal killer here . ( sorry it's the only gardening joke I know ) 

03/02/2014 at 07:50

Brumbul  great jokes ,loved the one with the laughing puppy in (I am blond ) haaa!!! 

03/02/2014 at 08:29

The thread's called Gardening Jokes 

03/02/2014 at 08:49

Arrrrrr dove if it brings a smilie to peoples faces does it really matter ?  

03/02/2014 at 08:59

Jokes are often funny to some people but are made at the expense of others - it's good to laugh with people, not at them - that is why one person continually making jokes about the places that some other posters live can be tedious, and can lead to some people feeling that they are being targeted. 

'They are jokes, nothing more, nothing less' was the excuse Bernard Manning and those of his ilk used when targeting various groups.

Now that Brumbull knows that some of his jokes are upsetting people, I'm sure he'll try to avoid posting that type of joke - if he continues then it's clear that he either intends to upset people, or doesn't give a damn. 

03/02/2014 at 09:10

well I didn't take offence about being blond haaaa at all . 

anyway  enough said life is too short ....here is another joke; I get so excited about gardening I wet my PLANTS.

03/02/2014 at 09:32

Every one has  these on their faces....... TULIPS

03/02/2014 at 10:11

knock knock. Whose there ?? Lettuce

lettuce who ??

lettuce in    It's cold outside.

03/02/2014 at 11:16

Well said Dove and Verd. I have friends and relatives who send me very funny stuff over the internet. I pass them on, but not if there is the slightest whiff of politics, religion, gender, or  is at the expense of particular groups. If it offends , then it can't be a joke, can it.

03/02/2014 at 11:23

Hiya woody 

Far nicer to be nice isnt it?  

Did you get my hints about a thread on alpines ?    

03/02/2014 at 11:29

Yes, and am still mulling... I really am going to get a new phone soon which will enable me to do pictures. Sadly only this morning my plans to build an outside alpine bed have crashed as my contractor has been told to give up heavy lifting, as he has a seriously bad back! I feel very sorry for him because he is a genuine guy and a good worker. I will put this all on hold for now while I think of plan B.

03/02/2014 at 11:41

Wood green ,wonder boy ,So your friends and relatives send you jokes also that might offend , really I think everyone is making too much of this : I am from Liverpool ( yes a scouser) and believe me I have heard the lot . But am I offended Narrrr !!!  we are.made of stern stuff  and can take a joke , if you took all the politics , religion, race, colour of hair , weight,height, etc etc there wouldn't be many jokes  around now I must admit I cringe at rude jokes . this thread  has made me think about being on this forum.i think it really isn't for me , I thought it was , you should take a chill pill . & I' sign off now , it was great while it lasted bye Annie 

03/02/2014 at 11:42

Well, well, here we go again!

03/02/2014 at 11:43

Oh !! were are my manners thanks to everyone for the advice 

happy gardening to you all . Annie 

03/02/2014 at 15:28

Well it really didnt take long did it, shame it had been so nice on here lately.

Sorry you feel you have to leaveAnniei