London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
3 messages
11/05/2013 at 16:08

I really just wanted to say a big 'Thank You' to Carol Kline for bringing to my attention the wonderful Geranium sanguineum lancastriense. After watching the closing programme of 2012 I couldn't wait to get online and find myself some of these beauties. I bought three plants and a packet of seeds. I immediately took root cuttings from the plants when they arrived, as demonstrated so cheerily by Carol, and put them in my cold frame. As soon as I saw growth I brought a couple into my greenhouse to bring them on. They have started flowering this week and are as much a delight in my garden as it was to watch Carol enthuse about them in Barrow-in-Furness.  

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7290/8727934115_8a59d96719.jpg

A big 'Thank You' also to Carol and the BBC for her mini series earlier this year, it was a much need burst of sunshine in that long, cold winter. 

11/05/2013 at 18:00

I love them too Jim.  I always think they look like someone has painted on the markings with a pen.  And they just flower, and flower, and flower ... Would not be without them - and that goes for many other geraniums too

11/05/2013 at 18:33

They do, Chicky, exactly. Incredible to think that they're a wild native. 

email image
3 messages