London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
241 to 260 of 311 messages
10/04/2014 at 20:12

OL................sorry...........I'm not having a dig at you..............or at anyone in particular....  I just thought I'd get this off my chest as the thread suggests.

.I  don't actually see why one cannot say "faeces"  or "dung" just as quickly and easily as "poo".  If your boys are sensible ( which I am sure they are with you as their Mum ), they will soon figure out what you are referring to.............and will learn the correct term for it.

I could well be in the minority here ,,,be interesting to see what others think

KEF
10/04/2014 at 20:26

Common as muck here!  I say cr*p.

10/04/2014 at 20:39

Me too KEF when I'm not being polite on the forum! OH calls the Brad Pitts!!  (I personally wouldn't dream of insulting the gorgeous Mr Pitt in such a way )

No worries Philippa, think I'm being a bit sensitive tonight.....missing my big boy x

10/04/2014 at 20:49

Kef.............  

OL..........he'll be back soon...........whether he says "poo" or "Dung"............you'llhave a nice homecoming

10/04/2014 at 21:17

I suspect he will come straight in, have some proper English food then go to bed, he has a 32 hour journey home  He actually tries saying something else but I do tell him off!! 

18/04/2014 at 16:57

Quite a bit cross at the moment.....youngest son was allowed a 'big' sleepover for his 13th birthday and invited 5 friends, one of them has special dietary requirements (halal & veggie), so I buy special food for him and then he doesn't have the decency to turn up, isn't returning phone calls and neither is his mum.  Not only that but son could have invited someone else if he had known as 5 was the limit!!

This is after me running 'the friend' round on Tuesday being a taxi service so he could go out with the others, not a word of thanks or anything!!!!!   Mug written on my forehead I do believe!!!!!

Just  be tad cross and had to get it off my chest!!!!

18/04/2014 at 17:07

Oh Tracey, hope he turns up, so unfair wouldn't take 5mins to phone or at least text. Shame cos as you say your LO could have asked someone else. Count to ten and then.......

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/42691.png?width=700&height=350&mode=max

18/04/2014 at 17:32

Thanks Lily, seen as he should have been here at 2 I doubt he is coming, never mind. Rm and coke appreciated 

18/04/2014 at 18:15

OL............don't feel alone.............most nice people end up with "Mug" tattooed on their foreheads.  You have to be more assertive....or so I read............just end up deeper in the s**t in my experience

18/04/2014 at 18:19

Well I've had a text back.....apparently the sun has affected their memory and they have gone for a day out 

19/04/2014 at 10:34

Hope you get a proper apology, that text was a bit late in arriving tho. 

19/04/2014 at 10:47
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Well I've had a text back.....apparently the sun has affected their memory and they have gone for a day out 

The mum isn't expectant is she?  I did that sort of thing when I was,   

I got very good at apologising and bought apology-type boxes of chocolates in bulk 

19/04/2014 at 11:48

Even if the mum is expecting the lad is old enough to be able to remember!

I hope at least his food was tasty for the others and that they had a really good night.

Next time he's invited / asks to attend you'll at least have a good reason to be reserved or expect his family to put him in a taxi!

19/04/2014 at 11:52

Thanks everyone, no the mum isn't expecting and the lad knew full well, I only discussed it with him on Tuesday and he turned up in the end at 7pm!!  Stayed until 10.30 (wasn't allowed to sleepover)......... Still not impressed  I certainly will not be giving home lifts to various places in future, or letting him come to ours because parents are at work, when I'm working too!!!! 

But son did have a lovely time and they have all gone home and house is quiet again now 

19/04/2014 at 11:54

Well, no excuse then ........... boundaries and consequences apply to adults as well as children!!! 

Glad your son had a lovely time and that you're still in one piece 

19/04/2014 at 12:01

Glad your son had a good time Tracey. Perhaps the poor lad wanted to come over, but had to do what his mum 'told' him

20/04/2014 at 10:50

Nuisance phone calls grrrrr 

Its bad enough when you have to come running in from the garden, or you are just about to serve up a meal/just sat down to eat it.......but ITS EASTER SUNDAY!!!!!!!

20/04/2014 at 11:27

Agree totally Lily, the other week I had a right go at a girl trying to 'sell' PPP rubbish....she told me I was being rude so I told her I hadn't asked to be called and had every right to be rude!!!  She put the phone down on me 

20/04/2014 at 11:39

Well done with the PPI callers OL. I'm not even that polite to them any more...

Re your son's friend - there are so many parents who expect others to look after their children without reciprocating - not acceptable. You end up being taken for a mug. Very difficult to handle though. Enjoy the peace 

AWB
20/04/2014 at 12:07

Had a cold call also, explained was with my children so couldn't talk, he expressed delight at a traditional Easter gathering, I asked if he had a family, oh yes he replied, so I told him to go away and enjoy Easter with his family.

241 to 260 of 311 messages