London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
121 to 140 of 311 messages
15/03/2014 at 19:23

Louise...........what's the going rate for loaning out your 3 yr old.....could do with a bit of help

19/03/2014 at 08:32

Why does GW get 1/2 an hour of air time and yet Clarkson et al get a full hour......it's so unfair 

19/03/2014 at 11:12

Because I fear GW wouldn't fill that extra half an hour with "here's a project you could be doing" or "follow our complete newbie as they work on their garden" (I'm here if you need me GW!!) or even "here's a really simple way to create a dramatic display in a pot that will last you a few months and then we'll show you how to do another one".

Top Gear makes the BBC big money being sold all over the world, merchandise...

19/03/2014 at 12:58

I know Clarington, I just feel hard done to when the men in the house get an hour and I get a measly 30 mins LOL! Those are great ideas by the way and a newbie section would be ever so helpful  (Just in case anyone from the BBC ever read this )

19/03/2014 at 13:42

I do enjoy when they show a "normal person" who has a passion for gardening like the chap the other week with his sweet peas and ladies tights (I didn't even know there were so many different colours!) But it would also be interesting to follow a new person, or maybe a student in a horticulture college student starting with their blank canvas and showing the highs and lows that those of us without a huge budget / camera crew to be bullied into moving mud / perfect soil conditions making the SAME MISTAKES WE DO!!

19/03/2014 at 13:45

Mistakes like what exactly Clarington.....do you mean like doing the compost bin all wrong, not digging in BF&B properly, planting plants in unsuitable places, mollycoddling my sweet pea plants is they are leggy and sowing seeds in trays when they germinate at different times....doesn't make for good TV really though, even if it reality in the Tracey-Newbie household 

20/03/2014 at 16:30

great idea clarington, i'd be rubbish though, keep having to run back inside to feed/nappy change/put washing in..! tracey i planted lavender along north facing wall lat year, needless to say did not do well, dug up yesterday to recover in pot in south west corner

20/03/2014 at 16:33

phillipa, sorry only just saw your post, tee hee!! you'd be asking for a refund!! though she did just help me make fridge cake, yum!!

KEF
20/03/2014 at 16:47

Some time back we had a thread about what was the daftest thing you've done in your garden, we had some brill posts.

20/03/2014 at 16:56

Louise.......she cooks as well ????You could earn a fortune   

Stupid question probably but what is Fridge Cake ?  I have a fridge..........what else do I need?  It sounds like something even I could make altho I'm a bit older than 3

20/03/2014 at 17:03

mmm it's about 3000 calories a slice, melted dark cho, butter and syrup, broken digestive biscuits, raisins and cranberries, lave to cool, then pop in fridge, we bake lots, it's such a shame i' forced to eat so many brownies, flapjacks, cupcakes...!

KEF
20/03/2014 at 17:14

OMG I've put a stone on reading about it

My rant is why do all yummie things make you fat?  Shame broccoli isn't full of calories and should be avoided.  

20/03/2014 at 17:17

Louise.............at 3000 calories a slice, I think I'm just going to have to enjoy it on a "cyber" basis but thanks anyway

Yes, that's really bad that you have to eat all the stuff that the Small Person helps to make...........criminal really

20/03/2014 at 17:22

my excuse is feeding baby need those calories! i do love my veg too!!

20/03/2014 at 17:43

Louise..........

20/03/2014 at 19:37

We had lots of cake, jam tarts and naughty things at my meeting today, I couldn't refuse as it was for my job / product knowledge and would have been rude.  I don't think calories count if work related......out of house work or mummy work Louise 

21/03/2014 at 08:40

i've decided fridge cake good for you, dark choc and plenty of fruit, off for my 2nd slice!!

21/03/2014 at 08:57

Hmmm, can you send me a cyber piece please?  Last indulgence before the diet starts (again), my sister gets married 3 months today and at the moment she has a fat chief bridesmaid!!

Get it off my chest for today........why is easier to our weight on than take it off?????

24/03/2014 at 08:46

sorry for delat tracey enjoy an jmaginary piece! what always helps me is literally a 10 min run 1st thing before breakfast two/three times a week, soon shifts a few pounds, i have 3 months before our hols too so i need to start ...and stop eating quite so many treats...made brownies yesterday yum yum

24/03/2014 at 08:57

I have a phobia of running Louise and going out in the cold/wet 

121 to 140 of 311 messages