London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
141 to 160 of 290 messages
24/03/2014 at 09:06

Just one word really..............men! 

24/03/2014 at 09:15

Oops Lily, is that as in the plural or just the one???  I know what you mean but can't moan about mine this weekend and next weekend my three 'men' are taking me away for Mother's Day.  Last weekend however......well that was a different matter, as you know   It will get better again ((hugs)) xx

24/03/2014 at 10:09

Miss c Cole arrrrrrrrrah !!!! Joe swift labour leffties one direction kleely Donavon 

24/03/2014 at 12:21

Just the one Tracey, .........

25/03/2014 at 08:42

being called a lady of leisure!!!!

25/03/2014 at 08:48

OMG  Louise, who has said that, or shouldn't I ask??!! Being a mum is such hard work in it's own right without everything else that needs doing  

25/03/2014 at 09:14

i went into the department store where i used to work on a counter that will remain nameless, an ex colleague to a customer i used to know well,whoi asked what i'm doing-er.. what does it look like?! i am allegedly self employed in same/ similar field and take jobs very occasionally i will pick it up when children go to school but we waited a long time for these 2, don't want anyone else bringing them up, and financially it'd barely make a difference i know it's the norm now  that everyone seems to back to work and i know i'm lucky to be able to stay at home but no,it's not the easy option!

25/03/2014 at 09:22

Don't get disheartened Louise, I had to go back to work and didn't really have that choice, but either way it is hard work.  There was an article in a paper once that said how much a mum would get paid if they were paid for every role they undertook (nurse, teacher, cook, cleaner etc etc).......it was way more than a standard paid job 

25/03/2014 at 09:24

my old job was just over minimum wage they made it out as we got loads of commission but always made sure targets were high and hard to reach

25/03/2014 at 09:27

I was lucky (?) enough that I could work weekends as at that time the bank opened Saturday and Sunday, so OH was able to look after LOs.  It makes me so cross when people judge and they don't really know!!!  I used to get the opposite to you and get frowned upon in the school playground for working 

25/03/2014 at 15:42

Off for ANOTHER meeting at school, the teacher in question will learn not to keep picking on son number 2 

27/03/2014 at 08:13

how did it go?hope teacher in question put in place! i did basic teaching course so i can teach my area when children go to school promise i won'pick on anyone1 did a few shadowing lessons with my old head lecturer loved it but don't know if i'll ever manage to get a position when been out of workplace a few years

27/03/2014 at 09:41

It went well Louise, tried blaming everything on our son when there were about a dozen students all doing the same thing (talking). I am fine with punishing when they have done wrong, and yes let him have an hour after school detention if that's what it takes.......but give all the others one too and not just our son!!!!  Needless to say, detention cancelled!! 

28/03/2014 at 18:14

Well done Tracey, been there....on one occasion the teacher got my son completely muddled up with another child for not doing homework!!! Great to know that the teacher doesn't even know thier names! 

28/03/2014 at 18:21

Rubbish basically...................not your posts I hasten to add.............just the amount of rubbish discarded everywhere...........towns, countryside...........absolutely everywhere.

28/03/2014 at 18:46

Agree phillippa, that and spitting!! really hate that.

And the fact I'm 19hrs overtime short in my wages this month!  grrrr.

28/03/2014 at 19:14

People who don't move over on the pavement...I don't expect someone to move over completely but those who do not acknowledge you are even walking towards them so you have to move on to the road really bugs me.  Particularly if I'm walking on my own and there are 2 people walking towards me and they still don't move at all!  I always move over and it really bothers me when the other person doesn't.

28/03/2014 at 19:15

Reversing bleepers

28/03/2014 at 19:21

Potters, develop 'sharp' elbows, works wonders

28/03/2014 at 19:23

Are you referring to the noise nut, or was that just a polite way of saying *##**#!...

Potters- agree totally.

Lily - according to a deputy head teacher,apparently my youngest got a B in a Higher prelim recently- in a subject she didn't take...Now that's really clever!

I should have told him that too...

141 to 160 of 290 messages