London (change)
Today 15°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 6°C
41 to 60 of 191 messages
01/09/2013 at 10:01

Emma - I hope it wasn't the one you saved.....

Circle of life though.

Jeannie I live in Clarkston - about ten miles south of Glasgow. Always lived in this part of the world , more or less.

01/09/2013 at 12:15

I have married the village idiot.  He has just lovingly sprinkled bird seed into my newly weeded flower bed to see what would grow.  Couldn't he have looked under the b.... feeder?

01/09/2013 at 12:18

Blees him,we all have to start some where lol.

01/09/2013 at 13:16

He can start by picking it up ....

01/09/2013 at 16:11

lol dont be cruel to him,the birds will eat .

01/09/2013 at 18:19

Sara 4, what can I say? Can't help giggling to myself about that! Must have been soooo infuriating though. So how long did it take other half to pick it all up?! Assuming you were cruel enough (oops I mean deservedly frustrated!) to make him actually pick it up. Plus side, he's probably not gonna be in a hurry to do it again! 

01/09/2013 at 18:29

I did make him pick it up, and no he won't hurry to do it again but that just means it will join the other things he isn't hurrying to do ...

01/09/2013 at 19:28

Sounds like your having it tough sara.throw him some slack lol.

01/09/2013 at 20:25

I started off gardening growning sweet pea mattucana in a trough on a 6 by 4 balcony four floors up, and some baby blue eyes and geraniums. Then I graduated to a house with a corner plot with hardly any plants in but with a pond and koi fish left by the previous owner. Now I'm in a house with a 150ft garden and most of the plants in it have been bought, given to us or grown in our greenhouse. Again we have a pond as we 'moved' the fish with us when we went as most of those we had since they were about six inches long.

My other half wasn't too interested in gardening but again if I had an idea about creating seating or raised beds, he came up with a plan and suprised me with how good they turned out. He has got into bamboo and chillies now. I wanted to get the greenhouse tidies up but it wasn't until he wanted to put chilli plants in it that the job got done. But now I've got a good floor in it, heating and a nice corner for pottering.

We start chillis off after Xmas and tomatoes in Jan/Feb. We've also been successful with cucumbers, figs, blackcurrants, gooseberries, tayberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries (the last 2 we can't take credit for, they just appeared). We grow some veg like beetroot, radish, spring onion, courgette, but only what we eat.

We grew some tomatoes in hanging baskets and pots and we are now overloaded with them. We tried a new one for us costoluto genovese and as someone who didn't like tomatoes of this size, it is great on cheese on toast, I could eat them all day.

Looking forward to the next growing season and growing lots of plants with the seeds from the seed share, and some that I had seen as plants and wanted.

01/09/2013 at 23:56

Am I actually married to him Tea?

02/09/2013 at 12:54

I need something to grow across a 6 foot north facing fence,it  but is in shade most of the day,i would like something with a high fragrance,and will provide food and shelter for the wild life.Any suggestions welcome.

03/09/2013 at 07:45

Tea

03/09/2013 at 07:51

Diddy I have the north fence covered with a  Jasmine and a clematis montana. They flower later than if they were in Sun, but now cover a Hawthorn tree they climbed up into.

03/09/2013 at 11:58

Gooooood morning fellow gardeners, what's new in your life today,and what have you been up to? " keep it clean ".lol

03/09/2013 at 12:02

fridget,i already have a pink jasmine on it and although it does cover some what, i find it very disappointing.You have to be very close up to see the fower's,as with the cematis they are nice and bold.

03/09/2013 at 16:20

today i have been opening lots of seed packets sent my way.. many thanks to you all.. and i will sowing them over the next few days.. if i have time.. nipper back to school thurs so i will ahve all the time to potter in my garden and harvesting my seeds to send out.

04/09/2013 at 14:49

Does anyone think that the cost of plant has risen drastically?Ther is no

wonder lots of people are growing from seed or from cutting's these day's.

how are the rising prices effecting you?.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30488.gif?width=62&height=100&mode=max

04/09/2013 at 19:15

I get most of my plants from our local market. my best snaffle was 17 plants for £13! And they don't die, and are all still going strong 

04/09/2013 at 19:27

This isn't related to any recent posts, but as I logged on to the site for a calming glimpse at the gardening world the invitation to get it off my chest appeared, so here we go!  This morning, I spent TWO HOURS, yes, 2 WHOLE HOURS trying to get through to Curry's not so super store alleged customer service helpline.  This was to make an appointment for an engineer to mend &/or replace my Mother's freezer - she is in her mid 80s and has an extended warranty agreement.  I first emailed them about this last week (they have not responded) after a previous half hour on hold to their 'help' line. My Mother also held for over an hour, in order to be told she was through to the wrong department,  and then cut off.  And they have the b cheek to charge 3.9p a minute while you're being told you will be answered shortly.  I have sent them another email of strongly worded complaint, to give them something else to ignore.  It is the worst customer service I have ever known, including the other nationals and multinationals, although not the fault of the poor beleaguered call centre captives who inevitably get it in the neck.  There is nobody to complain to at their head office either as presumably they shoot the receptionists if they put anyone through to anybody except the pay as you wait as a non valued customer line.  GRRRRRRRRRR and lots and lots of bad language.

04/09/2013 at 20:22

I think there must be courses run for people wanting to go into customer services. They are trained to put people on hold, transfer people to someone else sitting in the same room and accidently cutting people off

41 to 60 of 191 messages