Today 5°C / -1°C
Tomorrow 4°C / -1°C
121 to 140 of 191 messages
11/09/2013 at 13:15

Well altering the settings didn't work

11/09/2013 at 13:26

lol @ titty fruit. You sure gave me a giggle, Diddy

11/09/2013 at 13:36

Heather did you try my suggestion on how  to get to the end?

And what belly lauaghs do you have to add.

11/09/2013 at 14:08

Hi Diddy, I'm gonna try that for the future.

Give me some time and I'm sure I can add a contribution for belly laughs, I'm the most accident prone, kipper footed and kack handed person who ever walked with a habit of just opening my mouth and speaking the first thing that enters my head and I'm totally scatterbrained along with all of that so my errors, catastrophe's and faux pas are numerous lol I just need to remember what the best of them are. Sigh, what happens to the memory cells once you pass 40?! I'm sure I used to have some lol x

11/09/2013 at 14:13

And it worked Diddy thank you. You just earned yourself a gold star!

11/09/2013 at 14:59

No problem heather,Glad your sorted out now, looking forward to read some of your comment later then BFN

11/09/2013 at 22:16

Who the heck is this mightymower?This is what i opened this thread for so that you can get it off your chest.

11/09/2013 at 23:30

Diddy, I just meant any of the exotics from that site, really.  I love to try anything unusual and would love to have a wee tropical paradise around my patio. The rest of the garden is mostly boring perennials that the ex planted.  

Heather, it's not neccessarily 'aftre 40'. I.m sure they chuck out your brain with the placenta when you have kids!

12/09/2013 at 10:54

GJ i am 54 yrs old and love to try something new in the garden,a good garden evolves and does not appear over night. I have my exotics but also came to terms that i was lacking the wild life in the garden ,so i intergrated old school with the new. now i am happy and content as could be,well I will when I can get my pizza oven put together.This is the last piece in my jigsaw.

12/09/2013 at 22:29

Hi, Diddy. I also mix old school and new, and am keeping the plants that the wildlife love.  I have a 'cottage' type garden, mostly, but am changing areas at the moment.  My seating area at the corner nr the GH will become mostly bulbs and cutting flowers, with bee and insect flowers, scent, and texture.  With a nice arbour to hide from the kids if I can dothat without cutting my sun!  Will keep the cottage typr part in the middle edge, but change the 'boring' perennials for more wildlife friendly ones, and would like to add lots of exotic looking plants around the patio nr back door.

How are you building your pizza oven? Any chance of distructions, pls?  I make pizza from scratch, including the tom sauce for the base, and would love a real pizza oven!

13/09/2013 at 09:38

Apizza oven can be quite simple or very elaborate depending what you require. I hope to incoporate a BBQ into it also as i intend to use it a lot for parties.I will try to find you some links or better still just go to google and type in pizza ovens.

Going back to the flowers i found that GC were bring in different kinds of plants,push the old favourites to the back of the pile and these plants that are more trendy do not attract the bees and butterlies.

13/09/2013 at 13:39

I was having such a good day......... until I received yet another letter from the council, this time a complaint about noise "banging doors and shouting". I hate my neighbour  Her complaints to the council regarding my garden have all proved groundless, so now she's going back to noise again!!! I wish she'd get another blumming hobby!!!

13/09/2013 at 14:40

Some people are born that way Emma, my father in law is just like victor mildrew,Right misserable sod.Dont rise to the occation Emma. What was wrong with your garden anyway,I suppose that if i lived next door someone i would be annoyed if their weeds were coming into my garden, it's bad enough looking after your own garden.If the slamming of door's which on some cases of if you have the back door open and then open the front it will slam shut. have you tried putting those rubber buffers just inside the door frame,the ones that you have on cupboard doors.

13/09/2013 at 15:52

There was nothing wrong with the garden. Apparently, I wasn't cleaning my hens out often enough (I do them every day), there was dog poo everywhere (my dog only goes outside when I do, and I always have a poo bag with me), and that there are rats (I'm outside for at least six hours a day, and my garden is viewable from my living and dining rooms, and I've never seen one). I've had chicks and unmunched veg - rats could take a chick easily. My chickens feed is brought into the kitchen every night. My garden is helping me recover from a nervous breakdown last Summer. When I was released from the hospital, I have made gardeing the centre of my world, I'm always out tending it.

This woman is starting to get on the councils nerves with her bogus complaints. It hurts me that she doesn't think my garden is as beautiful as I do

13/09/2013 at 18:46

Some people are strange arn't they, it is obvious that the council are ok  with the issue's and i personnaly know where you are coming from with the statement that you made about it being a form of therapy for you. It is done in this space that you have,which is your space and yours alone.I am no longer able to work myself due to illness,which is devastating for me as i hve worked all of my life providing for my family.My dwork was my life.Now all i have left is my family and  my garden which i live for.Without that i have nothing.So stay strong and dont give in.I used to have chickens which i hatched and cared for myself and sadley mr as mr foxy was hungry one night.I dont blame myself.

Chin up emma and sod her.

13/09/2013 at 19:05

Nice one tea i really like that one but i'd hate to be your neighbour "you flirt "lol.

14/09/2013 at 07:08

Oh crikey lol I can't flirt with someone who doesn't even talk to me 

He stares at me through the wall as it is. It creeps me out. There's no way I'm going to start flirting with him lol

14/09/2013 at 13:09

Go on girl i dare you to do it,that will shut the bitch up,another way is go out collecting weed seeds and lob em in his garden at night  to give him something to do instead of blood moaning.

14/09/2013 at 13:58

He's got enough of them in his 'lawn' lol

Three times a week he's out mowing stripes into it, edges it then HOOVERS up the clippings....... You'd have throught he'd get rid of the weeds in it too. Oh well......

14/09/2013 at 14:50

dont put up with it em,how old is the b...h and what state is her house in?

121 to 140 of 191 messages