Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Good Evening FORKERS - Page 2

blackestblackest Posts: 623

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/good-evening-forkers/78532-2.html

TinaTurner wrote (see)

Fairygirl, formal one. Have huge koi and several goldfish. Elder son's idea when he lived with me but he's not been here for the past 6 years, so guess who has to look after it.  I do actually like it and it is very theraputic sitting watching them. Not everyone's cup if tea I know. I have been swimming with them!!

MMP, sorry to hear you are unwell.  Don't know what it's like but know what son was/is like when he gets an attack, or whatever you would call it.  Just be good to yourself and rest. 

Well it looks like I was right about the splat on page 2. the 21st post goes on to page 2 and then nobody can reply.

To be fair Daniel posted about it earlier regarding reading forum threads so not surprising it works similarly with writing them. It was good of daniel and chris to come in and work on the weekend for our benefit. so I for one would like to thank them.

Anyway we have a work around for continuing our favourite threads which is a lot better than it was early this morning.

I used to have a few young koi myself at one point but they proved tricky to keep alive for me. I think my pond was too small 

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

We should have used your bright idea Blackest of using the temporary forum, but not many used it.  Trust me to be the one to cause problems.

My pond goes from 4-6ft. Son was advised that the water should be quite deep.  During the winter, they just lay at the bottom. Do have to do regular water checks when the weather warms up. During the very hot summer, a couple of years ago, I think, I lost 5 as the ammonia was too high. Won't let that happen again.  Felt so guilty.

I think I should get off here and go to bed otherwise I will be saying goodmorning.  image

• blackestblackest Posts: 623

it was fun to do, the temporary forum, but it also shows the pitfalls of a small forum you do need enough energy to make it work.

i think if this forum was still in the state it was this morning then a lot more people would be using the temporary one. I like the community of people we have here and it would be sad not to be able to communicate and inspire each other this weekend.

goodnight tina lets hope for good weather tomorrow

• Well, as the last 4 latest posts were from yours truly, I'm going to finish my ginger beer and head off to bed.  Had a choice between paracetamol & pop or grown up ginger beer.  Beer won.

Night all.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469
    It was smashing in Nottinghamshire today. Feels like spring at last! Spent the day planting seeds and re-arranging plants in the greenhouse. Bliss!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

I've been out in the garden all day - when we've eaten our roast beef and Yorkies I'll tell you everything we've done - suffice to say at the moment that a bottle of Cotes du Rhone Village is half empty the birds are singing and the doves are cooing and we have the dining room door to the garden open and the scent of hyacinths is wafting in imageimageimage

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

dove -so jealous! I had to rescue daughter's pants from  5 mins after I hung washing out as it was so windy they got blown off the line..image Bit quieter now thankfully!

Did make lasagne and cottage pie and just eaten it (not both of course just a bit of c.pie!)

Went back for seconds image

Verdun...you know what you have to do .....coat's ready...

I think you're losing the plotimage

Hope you're a bit better tonight  MMPimage

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • chicachica Posts: 252

evening all windy and raining here most of day so reclined to the shed sowed some poppy seeds painted two garden pots stained my herb table with umberella up and looked at all the mud nothing happening yet.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Yes MMP ((hug)) hope you're feeling better image

Today I have potted on my lollipop bay which was desperately potbound, sown my sweetpeas at last and some other  seeds that I'm too tired to type out, planted some lilies in pots, started a new compost heap, tidied up a corner of the garden, dug over part of the veg patch (much to the delight of a pair of blackbirds with a family to feed) weeded part of the Shady Bank and supervised the Under Gardener who mowed the lawn.  

Oh, and I checked the garden thermometer - it reached 22C in the shade today image

Now I'm going to put my feet up and snooze - more gardening to be done tomorrow.

See you tomorrow folks. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.