London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
KEF
13/07/2013 at 20:48

TT hope DIL  & baby still to be born are okay.

I'm having a touch of Mrs, G at present moment, unexpected visit from near by neighbours resulted in ( quite a few) fizzy drinks.

Cooked chicken kebabs / courgettes & peppers on swewers/ forgot the mushrooms  and salad. Now having a rest, it's been a hard day standing there with the hose.

Tomoz I've to be up and off as an annual Memory Walk, for my dementia charity. At least weather should be good cancelled this time last year as washed out.

Drinking only water until bedtime...happy evening all.

13/07/2013 at 20:48

Hi all, very productive day today, NOT! Quick shop in the morning, got some winnings, 3 packs of fresh salmon 25% off as tomorrow is Sunday and shops are shut, use-by date Monday, so straight in the freezer! Spent the rest of the day on the lounger under the acer negundo flamingo, reading a book, drinking raspberry cordial and having the occasional catnap.

Hope you don't mind me beating you to the kitchen spam Dove. It's still there, nobody in the office on the weekend, I expect.

Catching up on all the other new threads now, can usuallly learn something new.

Have a good evening, all, hopefully outside with a cool drink.

KEF
13/07/2013 at 20:51

S. Sue wish I'd had raspberry cordial instead of fortified apple juice..cider

13/07/2013 at 21:17

You're a boozy lot.

FG, Lillies still waiting to be found a spot.  Didn't have the energy tonight. Now all squeeky clean and in my nightclothes.

Night all.

13/07/2013 at 21:22

Evening anyone who is about. Didn't even get on to laptop this morning. Didn't wake 'till gone 12 and went straight out in garden. Didn't get much done but enjoyed sun. Son carried on with irrigation system.

Well as Isaid to son one daughter is visiting Grand Canyon, the other gone to Woolacombe for weekend- she works in Newquay at holiday camp so busmans holiday. We are just in garden. Then later on he went off to the beach.

I will change my name- like everyone says it is a bit sad  

13/07/2013 at 21:22

KEF - I hope you're not coining a new phrase there with 'a touch of mrs G' , lay off the evil stuff, drink coffee like me instead!

Hi all - very lazy day in hot  sticky sun. Bit of dead heading (wish someone had dead headed me earlier...careful KEF). OH did some watering for me. Got cross about penstemons disguised as foxgloves. Uncovered the veg patch & dug over (sort of), its never been used & I think it might look good with some flowers in (why grow veg when there's ASDA - steady all!). Chopped the hot lips on Verdun's advice. Now sat (with coffee) smelling mock orange.

13/07/2013 at 21:36

Tina. Yes we see so many visitors down here like lobsters.  They come down to the beaches, very white and just burn.  Today, as ??ou said, there will be a lot of people in pain.  And tomorrow is going to be as hot.  

Tina, can you  explain to fairygirl that when you say "lilies" you actually mean "cannas".........oops!

13/07/2013 at 21:45

How come when we went to Cornwall 2 years ago in June it was cool and it rained? Not rain every day though, but we took a little boat from Dartmouth to Totnes and it absolutely tipped! All the same it was one of my favourite holidays, saw 9 gardens!

13/07/2013 at 21:49

Oooh, on sofa with feet up on Brazilian pouffe   Steak and salad eaten and everything washed up - OH has put the hedgehog food out for them - we got a blurry photo last night 

Sue, re Spam - you're welcome my dear ((hugs)), they're a total PITA - they need reporting and if you're on here before I am please help yourself to them

13/07/2013 at 21:52

All day at the Village flower show, after helping to set up yesterday. Entered 12 classes as a newbie and won 4 seconds and 4 thirds. Fairygirl's sprinkles clearly work . Easier to compete in flower section as real veg. experts dominate those classes. So was particularly pleased with my second for 3 white spuds. Sorry to brag but you did ask for feed-back and I couldn't resist

Everyone really pleased with incrteased turnout this year, 50 entrants, 350 entries and prizes won by 37 different people.

AND CAKE, lots of cake; and pints down the pub after clearing up. Home to shower and straight to bed, shattered but happy bunny.

13/07/2013 at 21:56
Woodgreen wonderboy wrote (see)

All day at the Village flower show, after helping to set up yesterday. Entered 12 classes as a newbie and won 4 seconds and 4 thirds. Fairygirl's sprinkles clearly work . Easier to compete in flower section as real veg. experts dominate those classes. So was particularly pleased with my second for 3 white spuds. Sorry to brag but you did ask for feed-back and I couldn't resist

Everyone really pleased with incrteased turnout 

AND CAKE, lots of cake; and pints down the pub after clearing up. Home to shower and straight to bed, shattered but happy bunny.

Not bragging at all WW - just giving us the opportunity to bask in your reflected glory 

And Cake!!!???  I imagine you've had to beat Verdun off with a broom 

13/07/2013 at 21:56

Dove - does he mind you putting your feet on him?.....oops.. naughty fairy....

Glad I didn't buy the hedgehog bix - my visitor hasn't been back since the night I saw him!

What are you going to change your name to LG/ Bev?

Verd- it's the whole canna/calla thing- senior moment...she's not 27 like us remember?

Watching Stevie Nicks now and will probably fall asleep so will say night all. Hope everyone sleeps well enough in the heat. 

13/07/2013 at 21:57

Been in the garden this afternoon/evening trying to sort out & tidy up after the landscape gardeners departed having built a new raised bed for the herbs and laid a new patio (old patio was getting dangerous after undermining by ants!!). Spent about 20mins sitting on a chair on new patio with a pint of ice cold Fosters before OH encouraged me to move a few more pots back to their rightful places. Sitting indoors now typing this and having to tolerate someone accross the road, windows all wide open and what sounds like a very powerful hi-fi pumping out a beat that's in danger of vibrating all the pots back down the garden!!!

13/07/2013 at 22:03

Thank you John for your kind comment on Garden Gallery. Constant battle with weeds but when lawn is mown it looks tidy. Hope they turn the hi-fi down soon

13/07/2013 at 22:08
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Dove - does he mind you putting your feet on him?.....oops.. naughty fairy....

Glad I didn't buy the hedgehog bix - my visitor hasn't been back since the night I saw him!

What are you going to change your name to LG/ Bev?

Verd- it's the whole canna/calla thing- senior moment...she's not 27 like us remember?

Watching Stevie Nicks now and will probably fall asleep so will say night all. Hope everyone sleeps well enough in the heat. 

What about 'The Happy Gardener', or The Gardening Friend, or .................?

Still pondering ....................

13/07/2013 at 22:14

What about 'Bev the Gardener', 'Happy Bev', 'Bev the garden gnome' (sorry), 'FlowerPowerBev'. Its just we all know you as Bev...

13/07/2013 at 22:29

How about Bevfloriferous 

13/07/2013 at 22:35

Like that! and well done WW for the flower show.

13/07/2013 at 23:00

Evening all, temp been up to 35 C degrees 96 F very hot and still feels hot now indoors . In the garden today been sorting out climbing support and stringed wigwam for my cucumbers and courgettes. garden had to have a good shower with hose

Me off tomorrow to look around a garden in Micheldever and off for the cake as well

http://www.micheldevervillage.org.uk/download/diary_2013_07_opengarden.pdf

Have not heard from chicky for a while may be I will give her a quick shout CHICKY ...........  

13/07/2013 at 23:06

Enjoy your day tomorrow GG.