London (change)
Today 7°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
29/08/2013 at 21:47

Don't know what happened there - and it was before the wine was even poured!!

Pentillie - what difficult times - positive thinking is so important, but much easier said than done.  I pass Heatherwood Hospital each day on my journey to and from work.  Will say a little prayer each time I pass.

29/08/2013 at 21:48

Verdun - annual delphinium   LOL

KEF
29/08/2013 at 21:53

Pentille...all the very best to your daughter. Sometimes not knowing all the ins and outs can be better.

Take care of yourself.  

KEF
29/08/2013 at 21:56

Annual Delphinium  I had a 3 monthy one.

Thanks Bev.

29/08/2013 at 21:59

KEF - enjoy - no heatwaves forecast here, so all will be fine.   (any room in your suitcase for a stowaway?  - I could do with another week on a lounger ...

KEF
29/08/2013 at 21:59

TRUMPET...glad I didn't have kids.

Go on, what was it for ?

My Bro & Sis are twins and he got "pulled out, just in time...."   if it's worse than that please don't say.

29/08/2013 at 22:06

hmmm from the link it says

"Larkspur is basically an annual version of delphinium, an all-time favorite perennial. Larkspur produces lovely spikes of blue, purple, pink, or white flowers in spring and summer. They look best clustered in small patches."

The other nice thing is that if i let it go to seed it should keep coming back for decades   It could be either but I like it anyway its growing mixed in with blue corn flowers. But heres another mixture its growing with

KEF
29/08/2013 at 22:06

Deffo Chicky as long as you don't bring a trumpet.

KEF
29/08/2013 at 22:09

Blackest I like that idea, any idea if they are they as succeptible to slugs as Delphs ?

29/08/2013 at 22:10

http://www.larkspur-nursery.co.uk/

Larkspur nursery, where the delphiniums come from.

29/08/2013 at 22:15

Hi all.  Had a lovely day in Southwold yesterday.  Sun shone and I paddled in the sea!  Am still suffering from anxiety, it comes and goes in waves.  All your comments and fun take it away for a while so keep it up!! 

Pentille, hope your daughter has a swift recovery. 

Ace tomatoes Blackest, my nieces troughed all my tomatoes fresh off the plant when they were visiting on Tuesday!

Love to all, am off for coffee and dreams of cake!

29/08/2013 at 22:18

Hi, I'm new here.  My, what a lot of stuff to read! Will never catch up.  You all sound like a close, friendly bunch.  I first found the forum looking for anyone who had made twisted stem standard fuchsias, to ask a little advice.  Now am getting fascinated in all of the discussions!  I saw Brumbulls posts about the 2 variety twisted fuchsias, and was wondering how he got on with them?

29/08/2013 at 22:21

Panda - any chance of your GP referring you for some CBT?  So good for anxiety - or rather for knocking it on the head   ((hugs))

That being said, you may have put your finger on the cause - Ma spent many summers paddling in the sea at Southwold, and she's always endured acute anxiety attacks - as you said, it comes in waves ...........   I'll get my coat 

29/08/2013 at 22:24
gardenjeannie wrote (see)

Hi, I'm new here.  My, what a lot of stuff to read! Will never catch up.  You all sound like a close, friendly bunch.  I first found the forum looking for anyone who had made twisted stem standard fuchsias, to ask a little advice.  Now am getting fascinated in all of the discussions!  I saw Brumbulls posts about the 2 variety twisted fuchsias, and was wondering how he got on with them?

Welcome Gardeningjeannie   Brumbull's not been around lately - we don't know where he's got to - hopefully he's just away for the summer ..............

29/08/2013 at 22:25

Welcome Jeannie - doesn't take long to get in the swing of things here.  You'll soon settle in !

Never done fuschsias myself, so can't help there.  Brumbull went AWOL a while back (possibly on an extended Spanish holiday?) but someone else might be able to advise.

29/08/2013 at 22:28

Hello Gardenjeannie welcome to evening forkers, not known of twised fuchsias sounds hard to do

We are all friendly lot on here and do like our cake

29/08/2013 at 22:40

Dove, you mentioned wine,?

Gardenjeanie hi

Panda

Pen best wishes xxx

Everyone tried to get smiley with party hat, can't do it.!

Night

KEF
29/08/2013 at 23:04

Panda, I went for ( keep wanting to type fart )  CBT, in my case best thing ever.   Some might think I should go for another few sessions

Do what you can, when you can and don't beat yourself up..hugs. I'm away for a while but happy to exchange PM's with you if you want to discuss.

Hi garden jeannie, great bunch on this forum, join in and enjoy. I've been here a good few months and haven't seen any posts by Brumbull, when did you see them?

Night all finally off to bed, all sleep well.

29/08/2013 at 23:13

Granny Bev

29/08/2013 at 23:16

TT - my daughters (now 16 and 14) spent today cleaning out cupboards.  They texted me pictures whilst I was at work, to show me the things that they uncovered.  This one is a bit of calligraphy that my Mum did for me when the first one was born.  Thought it was poignant at the time, even more so now.  So something to bear in mind when your new little one arrives

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/30212.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max