London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
30/08/2013 at 20:02

Hi Wood green wonder boy, lots of people will be pleased to hear from you again. How's the garden?

30/08/2013 at 20:09

Hurrah!  Welcome back WW

Doesn't matter if you don't have many excuses - you can make some up 

30/08/2013 at 20:11

Hi WW

30/08/2013 at 20:21

Evening everyone,

Welcome Jeannie,

Welcome back WW

Congratulations Tina........sorry no baby smilie,will have to make do with party smilie

Busy afternoon,chopping down the Red Robin which was shooting up to a much bigger height than usual,but don,t like to prune until the red leaves have almost gone.

Then cut front lawn,tired now,need a large drink and a sit down.

30/08/2013 at 20:32

welcome back WW.

I did some housework today. mainly because I couldn't find my new plastic debit card, and the sofa has a habit of eating things.

Kelsae onion crop is looking good. The red ones are drying off now.  Mums next door neighbour with the allotment, says that kelsae don't keep well.  Does anyone know.  I'm going to have about 100 lb of them(at least).   Onion soup anyone?

Congrats Tina. The best bit about grandchildren is you get to give them back.

30/08/2013 at 20:33

Thanks everybody who sent their thoughts and wishes for my daughter. Today went well and although she says she feels 'so weird', I think it was a good session. Next treatment is in three weeks, and we will spend the next couple of days bringing her back to normality - the grandchildren will soon do that! Hope you all going to make the most of this lovely weather over the weekend 

30/08/2013 at 20:33

Brief history of a garden... grass brown but recovering, roses slumbering after fantastic show, sweet peas banging on, runner beans enough to give away, huge sweet corn cobs, lots of lovely dahlias for my beloved. Ideas for projects... agapanthus bed.(inspired by trip to Cornwall to watch the cricket team beat Dorset, Verd!). will they ever look as good as they have this year? Lots of baby agapanthus seedlings to give away too. 

Looking forward to Malvern at end of Sept., saving pennies.

Typing this as monty starts, so don't expect replies for at least 30 mins.

30/08/2013 at 20:38

Just heard sheep in Montys garden. Missed the start.

30/08/2013 at 20:38

Watching Monty and typing at the same time - looking forward to Carol and the Crocosmia - Norwich is famous for developing some special strains. 

30/08/2013 at 21:00

Did the Olympics leave a legacy?

Yes it did, we got to watch fewer Gardeners' World programmes

30/08/2013 at 21:04

Good to see you Woody. Please present a absent note in the future so we don't worry about you.

MrsG, it wasn't Dove that wrote the post. It was like you had hiccups.

Pentillie, I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter. Can't imagine what you are going through.

Just been to see the baby.  Very sweet and was as quiet as a mouse. Lots of photos taken.  Her two brothers were there and, I have to say, were besotted with her. That will probably wane when she starts waking them up in the middle of the night.  All's good.As I don't drink MrsG, you can have my celebratory glass.  Cheers

And last but not least, welcome Jeanie.

30/08/2013 at 21:06

Well said ww

GW - dead head buddleia (can never spell it) must be joking, has monty seen the size of mine? . .. Did like the idea of trying ferns in dry shade previously thought they liked damp woodland.  Love gladioli, mum never fusses with hers and they always look splendid, didn't catch when to plant - any one know please

Think footies still on so staying out of the way.

30/08/2013 at 21:14

had the grandkids  today dug up spuds picked some  beans  and  runners .onions as well . my grand daughter . said you can smell nature cant you , life is good  large mansize  tissue . and wine now

30/08/2013 at 21:19

Ok,ok,ok...sorry to dove.

chicky wrote (see)

Don't know what happened there - and it was before the wine was poured

It seems it was chicky i was responding to. Keep getting names mixed up.

30/08/2013 at 21:33

I'm confuddled 

30/08/2013 at 21:46

Oh dove sorry to confuddle you. It started top of page 158 (maybe) I made comment to you about something chick said , thinking you'd said it,( about vino) oh im confuddled too. Need wine to unconfuddle me  - want some?

30/08/2013 at 22:16

Hey.....woodys back.    Good to see you woody

30/08/2013 at 22:24

Hi Verdun - thought you'd done a woody (gone awol) you're a bit late tonight, have your clocks stopped working?

30/08/2013 at 22:30

Hi Verd, had short visit to Cornwall to see Cornwall play Dorset. First 2 days rained off, so visited Trebah (my favourite Cornish valley garden) Glendurgan which never fails to disappoint, and Heligan, which I saw last when it first opened , or is that reopened. Anyway cricket finally started on day3 and with my help Cornwall won against all the odds. I must be their lucky mascot. Stayed at Mannings in Truro... to be recommended. Used to stay at Budock Vean with my wife... great favourite.

30/08/2013 at 22:32

Early start tomorrow and tired out by all this posting ... night, night.