London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 12°C
19/09/2013 at 19:23

Ooo, that chilli sounds good.   

19/09/2013 at 19:33

Stacey....very sorry to hear your cherry bombs are the size of golf balls and going black..........is it very painful?or does it only hurt when sitting down?

19/09/2013 at 19:37

Hello folks  I'm back - glorious drive south in autumn sunshine - ploughed fields and berried hedgerows - piddling down on the way back 

19/09/2013 at 19:38

Been "pidding" down here too Dove

19/09/2013 at 19:56

Gilly, you are a naughty girl (I assume?!) 

So, massive panic attack (my first) at work today. Not fun. Don't ever want to have one of those again. Was back home by 9.45. Found relief walking round my garden. Mum, Dad and OH very supportive. Lots of hugs and hot drinks. Mum even brought me chocolate  Not sure I'll make it to work tomorrow. Taking each moment as it comes. 

Finding a lot of solace on here. Keep up the good work! You all make me smile so much, and lets not forget how much I'm learning 

19/09/2013 at 20:01

Definately a girl Panda,well at least I was the last time I looked!

Chocolate always helps 

19/09/2013 at 20:01

Hugs panda x

19/09/2013 at 20:31

Talking.  For panic attacks I think talking is essential.  Never had one myself bwit experienced it in others a few times and calming, soothing talk works.  WorkIng through it....maybe why it happened etc. I guess something has happened 4thPanda.....illness, death, crisis or crises.  First encountered this when my young sister ...aged 30....had months of chemo and radiotherapy and it was when all that finished that she suffered panic attacks.  You learn fast that talking and comfort is prob only relief.  I,think its the mind's way of dealing with trauma much like our dreams recycle our daily lives.

Yes, 4thPanda you do,have support here willing you to smile, relax and "take each day as it comes"

19/09/2013 at 20:31

Oh gilly the tears of laughter reading that post!!!! hugs for making my night xx

19/09/2013 at 20:32

Verdun which chilli Are you saying sounds good? If its my chilli sauce then pm mme your address and I will get some in te post to you ........ 

19/09/2013 at 20:44

Ok, thanks will do that

4thpanda,  you clearly have close support there but the Samaritans is also worth considering.  They are strangers to you and you can say how you feel, what your concerns are, what your fears are without affecting anyome else. I mean that you don't have to worry about upsetting your family, etc.  You can ring at any time of day or night. Simply to speak out to a "listener" is surprisingly healing

19/09/2013 at 20:47

Panda ((hugs))

It will get better ((hugs)) - my daughter's been there and out the other side

19/09/2013 at 20:59

Panda hugs to you ...... It's happened now enjoy chocolates relax... Talk about what triggered it when you are ready ......... Btw you rock for tackling it head on strong woman ( even strength has weekness) xxxx

19/09/2013 at 21:01

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
19/09/2013 at 21:02

Panda a friend sent me this quote when I was diagnosed with cancer..... It served me well xxxxx

19/09/2013 at 21:07

I find references to people who are ill needing forgiveness offensive. They are not to blame for it. Dark parts, demons, angels, balderdash... medical conditions need expert rational medical help not claptrap.

19/09/2013 at 21:25

Thank you all. I am touched. Will remember the Samaritans Verd. 

So, lets lighten this up. . . OH still thinks 135 bulbs were too much. Now I have 235 he is flabbergasted. I told him Bob the Gardener has 660 tulips on order and he nearly had a fit. Didn't like to tell him that I was thinking about doing Mrs G's idea of daffs down the path! Will need considerably more to achieve that! Hahaha! 

How many bulbs do you/did you have to plant?

19/09/2013 at 21:28

Woody I was I'll and it helped me gather the uuummpppphhhhh I needed to get through.....and of course there is no substitute for expert medical advice and guidance .... As for needing forgiveness I see where you are coming from but I didn't take it so literal( although I did feel guilty when I found out case my lo was only 6 months old and I felt I had failed as a mother cause I could die) these words helped me centre when the world around me was falling apart.May if you have never had to cling to anything in a remote hope lucky you......I quite frankly find your words offensive and dismissive but that is the wonder of being able to express your views

19/09/2013 at 21:29

Massed ranks of flowering bulbs in spring never fail to cheer. But, it's still late summer so let's enjoy that first. And after 1 November there is A***** to enjoy too.

19/09/2013 at 21:29
I don't think Stacey was saying demons are to blame WW - just that people need to dig deep to conquer their inner fears.