London (change)
Today 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
22/09/2013 at 00:26

The sleeper did suck the paint in bit more difficult to paint than thought it would be

Here is a closer pic

Paint samples, 1 zingy lime, 2 forest pine, 3 silver birch

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/31454.jpg?width=273&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/31455.jpg?width=273&height=350&mode=max

paint sample 4 shadded glen, 5 smooth pebble, 6 lavender, 7 summer damson

22/09/2013 at 07:35

Must say I like the Shaded Glen.  

We once painted our garden fence and shed with the Silver Birch, but were very disappointed - it turned out to look more like battleship grey - I ended up repainting the shed in a blue colour and had to wait until the fence was faded and covered with clematis before I was at all happy with it.  

22/09/2013 at 07:38

Whoops, Evening thread - please don't give me detention - we will have cake this afternoon 

22/09/2013 at 17:16

That's fine Dove, becuse you were answering something on this thread. It gets confusing otherwise. It's gone 6pm in France now so I can write here, but I have just answered something on morning thread.

Brumbull started the 2 threads instead of one and people liked him, but now he's gone. And left us with two, I find it a bit muddling.

22/09/2013 at 17:21

Think I like shaded glen best too. Goes with the silver planting ? artemesia.

22/09/2013 at 17:40
Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

That's fine Dove, becuse you were answering something on this thread. It gets confusing otherwise. It's gone 6pm in France now so I can write here, but I have just answered something on morning thread.

Brumbull started the 2 threads instead of one and people liked him, but now he's gone. And left us with two, I find it a bit muddling.

I agree, it is muddling and sometimes one thread disappears for several pages and someone patient has to  scroll through several pages to find it and bring it back to the front page.  It's sometimes a bit tedious first thing in the morning, looking for the Morning Forkers thread 

I'd be happy just to have one 'Helllo Forkers' or 'G'day Forkers' or something - don't know what others think?

22/09/2013 at 17:42

I would be very happy with that, Dove, if someone would be brave enough to start it. "Hello Forkers" would be fine.

22/09/2013 at 17:55

I'd like Brumbull to come back.

22/09/2013 at 18:35

Evening forkers..... I did wonder about brumbull... I like having the two .... Well 278 bulbs planted today with the help of my lo so who knows what went where!! I cut back my thalictrum black stockings and planted some of the seed... My seed trays that are on the patio are showing signs of life but I fear it may be weed life not plant life.. No way of knowing so.... Had fresh beans with dinner yum yum, gotta make cheese scones for toddler group tomorrow mmmmm not sure if I have any cheese lol plIn ones it is then...plum mincemeat is made my oh rolled his eyes and said oh god are we coming up to that season again!!!!

22/09/2013 at 18:38

fidgetbones wrote (see)

I'd like Brumbull to come back.

I think some people have tried to get in touch, but no luck  

I'm afraid that's in the nature of these Forums - maybe he'll pop up again .... 

22/09/2013 at 18:38

Evening forkers

anyone else picked out the colour samples you like for the station?

Been painting raised bed in back garden a maple green brightened up the wood with the agapanthus in near house as still a dry day even though tired to day think I need cake and more cake

the neighbour having a bonfire smelling out the garden

22/09/2013 at 18:50

I have a feeling Brumbull may return soon.  Shall we leave the two FORKERS (always feel I'm swearing when I use that word) for just a while longer.  The g'day FORKERS seems appropriate replacement though.  If Brumbull sees we have replaced his threads he may beat me up

22/09/2013 at 19:02

Lol poor verd ....... Best we leave it can't have violence 

22/09/2013 at 19:13

Stacey that many bulbs great going there are most of then daffs?  well done

still loads of daff and other bulbs to plant yet for me, nice to see them in spring popping up

22/09/2013 at 19:37

Garden girl no only about 30 daffs 20 tulips... Mixed iris, Molly allium, drumstick allium, sarfaxia, anenome de caan... Still got 5kg of dads to plant... Knackered and it's done my back no good at all

22/09/2013 at 20:10

Is it that time already? Good evening all. I'm guessing most have had a good day in the garden, if akittle too hot to get much done.

I cut the grass, pruned the lilac and a conifer, dug out a few old planted past their best which I won't miss ( esp montbretia). This has created room for new plants and a bit of room to reorganise existing, either now or in spring. Looked admiringly at cuttings and seedlings which are doing quite well.

Took a notebook around the garden: what needs potting on, greenhouse, cold frame ( don't have, need to improvise as very expensive), mulch, fleece or cloches to think about...

Have a good eve.

22/09/2013 at 20:23

MrsGarden, great isn't it when you have a fresh piece of plantIng space?  What's going In there?  

22/09/2013 at 20:28

Hello again folks -  garden's considerably tidier than it was but still more tidying to be done - however there's still lots more runner beans growing, courgettes too.  I need to find some sort of box or crate to store plastic pots in; they're stacking up in a corner next to the grow house and if we get strong winds they'll be all over the show.  

We've had roast lamb shoulder, mashed potatoes, runner beans and gravy for supper - when we've digested that lot there's some fresh-picked raspberries waiting for us.

I slow-roasted lots of cut up Soldacki tomatoes today in a little olive oil and now they're in the freezer, to bring some sunshine to some meals in the winter.

22/09/2013 at 20:42
Evening everyone

Had a busy but productive day - moved some things, planted more, tackled some weeds and planted daffs and alliums. Then rode 22 miles on the bike - tour of britain came through here yesterday - we followed their route, just at third of their speed !

Now slumped!!
22/09/2013 at 20:46

Very impressed you made it up Box Hill