London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
27/09/2013 at 18:21

OH has got the top off the chimney to replace poor quality bricks and put a new liner in. I shut my eyes a lot but did supervise the bit where the liner met the flue at the bottom. I need my feet on the ground. Not a lot of gardening done, maybe tomorrow.

27/09/2013 at 18:23

Good evening forkers

Been a glorious day today.  Getting misty now and wind picking up. 

Looks like forum is ok now

27/09/2013 at 18:26

Nut - made me laugh!  I shut my eyes every time oh goes up a ladder - even if i am standing on the bottom rung footing it

27/09/2013 at 18:32

Terruifying chicky. I remember painting our last house,  pebbledash or some sort of rough rendering. I got up to the top of the ladder on the gable end but couldn't let go of the ladder to use a paint brush

27/09/2013 at 19:19
Hello! Were back on! Have tried to look back at the posts but seems a bit heavy ( no bun intended) on doughnuts.
Have had to fend for myself these last few days, and boy I've had questions...
I've compiled a birthday list for oh. Had to research long handle bulb planters on amazon reviews. Asked for Joseph Bentley. Went to 3x GC and 2x diy to try, no one stocks them so my conclusion must be they aren't any good? Should I try to back track on b'day list?
Ooo, paragraphs working differently, no spaces, used to get two and delete one
nut, I'll hold the ladder for you but that's all im afraid
27/09/2013 at 19:26

OK think I am finally in the right place 

Sorry I missed all the cake - didn't even have a burfday one - but it was last week now so all I need now is a pressie. 

back tomorrow I think - may be at the show

27/09/2013 at 19:32
Congratulations chiccky on your negotiation extraordinaire status.
27/09/2013 at 19:52

Evening all

With all this bulb counting, I thought I would count mine. OMG, only will be planting for ages, 100 allium bulbs came today that was nice exciting

All together with 200 spring bulbs still to arrive GW offer, OMG = 577 thats daffs, tulips, crocuses,hyacinths and more daffs and tulips - some for the garden and some for the station garden

GW free bulb offer this magazine I will be getting more, I do like bulbs

Still trying to sort out the lawn looks a mess, sure a lot of it was moss not done that before.  Am I meant to add fertilizer now - what sort should it be? any help please

27/09/2013 at 20:20
Hey Gg, dunno about your lawn sorry. Did you see my post about zingy lime? Also have you any experience using bulb planters?
Watched beechgrove, fast forwarded through veg stuff as usual, very little about the 'real' garden .
Might manage to watch GW in real time if rest of family stay in hot tub for long enough...I'll do a drinks run to keep then busy...
27/09/2013 at 20:29

Hello folks  Isn't this lovely  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Do you know, I realised what was wrong but it was too late to put it right .... all that cake we've been putting on the Board - what it needed was some 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/31724.jpg?width=600&height=350&mode=max

27/09/2013 at 20:32

Hot tub?  did you say hot tub?   can we all come?. I've got a swimming costume.

27/09/2013 at 21:52

I've got a cossie too, if we are having a hot tub party 

Evening Forkers  Back from providing a wonderful example to young women (guides!) and settling down with a coffee, but no cake 

I'm off to the GC for more bulbs tomorrow morning, and then the great bulb plant starts (bar Tulips!) Almost have it all planned out where they are going 

Glad to see the forum is up and working again. Thanks all for the fix x 

27/09/2013 at 22:03

So are you a brown panda then?

27/09/2013 at 22:05

Heading up the wooden hill - see you in the morning folks!  Sweet dreams all 

27/09/2013 at 22:12

Off to bed now. I've compiled my wish list for Ashwood nurseries tomorrow.

27/09/2013 at 22:12

Lol Fidget  We have a Panda, Otter, Bunny, Eagle, Koala and Kangaroo! I think I have the best name  Brownies have the Brown ones!

27/09/2013 at 22:29

I thought they had brown owls still. Shows how far behind I am. My Aunty Janet used to be a Brown Owl. I never went to brownies, I went to a methodist sunday school, so I ended up in the girls brigade.  Same sort of thing, only we never got to go camping.

I  got christened C of E (mothers side), went to a methodist sunday school (fathers side) and got married in a catholic church ( ex husbands side). Then I gave up religion and went for Charles Darwin instead.

27/09/2013 at 22:34
MrsGarden wrote (see)
Hey Gg, dunno about your lawn sorry. Did you see my post about zingy lime? Also have you any experience using bulb planters?
Watched beechgrove, fast forwarded through veg stuff as usual, very little about the 'real' garden .

Mrs Garden been searching through most of my garden mags thought I read something about long handled bulb planters can't find it in my mags but found one in the daily mail sat mag last weeks it is a Yeomans one for £9.99 http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bulb+planter&search_in_description=0&keywords_dummy=0&osCsid=da64d6913d6771dc00614eaffd069ecf

Me only got small bulb planter should think about long handled bulb planter yeoman on good though
Will try use nectar points at homebase to get some paint going for Summer damson, zingy lime, smooth pebble and possibly shadded glen

4th Panda are you going to check out and get the free bulbs there are, report back to forum later what there is - as me got the free bulb voucher is that the wyevale gc now the garden centre group

27/09/2013 at 22:34

Brownies do still have Brown Owls. We are the next step up from them, ages 10 - 14ish. Most other leaders of other groups don't have names other than their own names, but we think it's a bit more special to have different names. There is nothing funnier than being in town of a Saturday and hearing a small voice yell out "Hello Panda"! I've also managed to convince some girls that it is my real name 

27/09/2013 at 22:37

GG, I'll be visiting what was a Wyvale with my voucher - will def report back on what is available  Glad you are going for zingy lime, my first choice  The others look like they will go well with it.