London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
26/04/2013 at 22:16

Dove, I think there was a word from Verdun this morning.

I'm sitting down, it's OK.

Bob, when I looked at my pot supply at the beginning of the season it seemed huge but I'm going through it very quickly, Those 6" shallowish ones that I use to prick out 6 or so perennials are nearly gone. I could use the standard 1L pot but that's deeper and I like to do the next (single) pot on into those. 

26/04/2013 at 22:25

Bed time I think. Maybe I won't have a cough tomorrow, maybe you won't either Fairygirl. 

26/04/2013 at 22:26

Evening all. Went to Botanic Gardens of Wales today. A few photos on the happy thread. Arrived home and carried on pricking out and potting on. All windowsills and half dining table now covered. OH now regretting selling greenhouse last year! It is now in the garden of a local curate. Next door's greenhouse is unused, and I'd love to ask neighbour of I could use it, but he's not fussed on us, so perhaps I won't!

26/04/2013 at 22:37

Bedtime beckons for me too nut. My cough not too bad really -chocolate was a bad idea..

Tomorrow to be better weatherwise so will hopefully be more productive outside. Could do with a walk as well. Potted on lots of things today though. Sunday to be wet and horrible and windy so will maybe take a look at greenhouses- or go to nursery.. 

Night all-sweet dreams 

26/04/2013 at 22:52

Night all - didn't realise Sauvignon Blanc was good for coughs - best go and pour another glass to keep that tickle at bay

26/04/2013 at 23:31

Evening everyone....and goodnight.

Been bit busy today but thought I would check up on my virtual friends on the forum.

Hope everyone had good day.  Got to 17 degrees today..lovely in the sun but getting colder now

Will plant out my digitalis illumination pink tomorrow.....quite excited about them

Night folks

26/04/2013 at 23:36

That's much better, Blackest. What lovely healthy looking plants you've got, wish mine were that size already.

Fell asleep on the couch this evening, don't know what woke me up, it's 12.30pm and I'm wide awake! Will catch up on all the discussions, then head for bed. Night all!

27/04/2013 at 18:49

Verdun, thank you I'm completely recovered 

Sounds like you have all been very busy. Had to work all day, got home around 6 so pretty k.......d!  Really looking forward to my day off tomorrow, got loads of plans gardening wise, not going to look at tomorrow's forecast as I want to cherish the idea of spending time in the garden til the last minute.

TT I understand you're frustration, do sentences for GBH get shorter when you're retired 

A pleasant evening to all......

27/04/2013 at 18:58

Evening woo, evening everyone

Its been lovely day here...very sunny n warm

Potted on more perennials into large pots ...got so many plants to go out now

Have nice evening folks

27/04/2013 at 19:02

Evening Verdun, Woo and all those yet to come.

Planted out my violas and pulmonarias and cut back my penstemons - which are all looking lovely and healthy.  Now need to weed and mulch inbetween them.  Off to watch a rugby match at Twickenham tomorrow, so will have to wait til next week.

Moved my rudbeckias into single pots, and am now seriously running out of shelf room.  All is covered up for tonight - frost forecast again.

About to go slump

27/04/2013 at 19:36

Evening everyone,

I'm back online, the computer crashed about 2 weeks ago, just after I posted I was going to take a break, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. Contemplated getting a laptop but the choice was huge, couldn't decide which to get so had the hard drive repaired instead. Hadn't realised how much time was spent in the evenings on the computer, I've had loads of free time. Garden has had lots of attention with the longer evenings.   

...and I've been so fed up waiting for the weather to warm up so started painting and decorating indoors, the basement is currently getting a white over and I've started cycling again.

Not caught up with all the postings, have I missed anything. There seem to be lots of new posters.

Nice to be back

I finally got an invite to be with the in crowd but rather like the out crowd

27/04/2013 at 19:41

Good to see you Zoomer  

It's been chilly all day today, didn't get above 12C in our back garden today.  I've just been out there and fleeced the broad beans as they're in full flower and They are threatening a frost for us over here.

27/04/2013 at 19:46

Hi Zoomer-we've all been busy digging, pruning, potting and generally gardening on here -hurray!

And who cares if we're 'in' or 'out' -as long as we all have a nice time and are happy! 

27/04/2013 at 19:50

Evening everyone and welcome back Zoomer. Pleased you want to stay with this motley crowd.

I know I would be tearing my hair out without my laptop.  It beats TV anyday. I'm always using mine for one thing or another.  Surprising what you can learn. It's good to be outside again though isn't it.

Son poked his head round the door at 7.30 thanking me for letting him in.  Said I wished I had left him to sleep in his car.  I know it's not worth me ranting and raving as I will be the one that suffers cos I will just upset myself. 

That bike does look mighty tempting though Woo.

27/04/2013 at 20:33

evening all been sunny and very windy in the south west been out in the garden with coat and scarf on dividing my two big hostas into six pieces painted some cheap plastis pots a dove grey and watered all my climers as the wind really dries out my garden other than that ate a load of junk

27/04/2013 at 20:36

Evening all

Hello welcome back Zoomer

Well I just want to show you picks of the Agapanthus from before and after in the raised bed now will look a bit better when it grows a little more

Started like this

Then with a lot of dividing all looks like this a lot of clumps of agapanthus

Will update more soon when computer lets me

27/04/2013 at 20:37

Evening everyone, everything is tucked up for the night, feels chilly out there.......the heatings back on

27/04/2013 at 20:41

Mine's been on all day!  Blow the expense.

27/04/2013 at 20:49

Gardengirl-no pic! It's pretty annoying this thing with the pix. Hope they can sort something out soon.

Chica I've been back out digging and just in- hands are freezing! Having cup of tea and large kit kat  

27/04/2013 at 20:54

How weird -was looking at GardenGirl's pic about 10 minutes ago, and now they have disappeared.

Very strange